C320 cdi stuck in sport mode

muzik1974

Reaction score
I have a 2009 C320 CDI sport auto that today decided to switch itself into sport and then stay there..The sport button stays lit up even with the key out of the ignition and pressing the button does nothing. The gearbox is in sport so it is not just the light staying on..
Does this sound like a trip to the garage or is it simple disconnect the battery to reset the gearbox?

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
id avoid disconecting the battery. not sure about your model, but its caused many problems with sam units on earlier models! id have a trip to the dealer. itll be warranty anyhow. if they disconnect the battery and fry the sam then they have it to replace!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
This is a new one on us, a trip to the dealer I think

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
id avoid disconecting the battery. not sure about your model, but its caused many problems with sam units on earlier models! id have a trip to the dealer. itll be warranty anyhow. if they disconnect the battery and fry the sam then they have it to replace!

Wise words from turbopete,

its under full warranty, leave it alone, dont belive the 204s are as bad as the 203s but be safe! take it back to the dealers!!

OP
M

muzik1974

Reaction score
OK thanks for the quick replies.. I will try and get into the dealer tomorrow.
What are MB dealers like for warranty work?
I get the car direct from MB in the milton keynes so never set foot in a MB dealer before..

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
OK thanks for the quick replies.. I will try and get into the dealer tomorrow.
What are MB dealers like for warranty work?
I get the car direct from MB in the milton keynes so never set foot in a MB dealer before..

You can sit there drinking coffee and eating biscuits :D:D:D

OP
M

muzik1974

Reaction score
You can sit there drinking coffee and eating biscuits :D:D:D

normally free biscuits would be enough for me but in this heat I think they would be better offering ice creams :D
If I can get out of work on time tomorrow I will head up to the flash new Ascot dealership...

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Be ready to leave it with them, or there send you home and tell you to call mobilo out so they can give you a car!! dealers wont have a car for you!!

OP
M

muzik1974

Reaction score
Is mobilo the same thing as the mercedes assist?
Can I just call mobilo without going to the dealer? That would be alot easier if they can pick it up from me and leave a car behind.

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Yes it is, i was the hants tech until they got rid of a lot of us!!!

OP
M

muzik1974

Reaction score
I have just gone out to get the handbook and all the booklets about mobilo and the light is now off..Started it up and it is in comfort mode,press sport and it switched into sport,pressed it again and it goes back to comfort..
I am guessing it is a heat issue and will have to keep an eye on it to see if it happens again..

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
Will say. the 204 is based on the 221, and that's pretty top notch!!

drawn4u

Reaction score
Website
www.pencildreams.com
Your Mercedes
C320 Avantgarde CDI 2005 model
I have a 2005 C320 avantgarde sports pk and I noticed today that it had switched from the 'S' mode to 'C' mode all by itself... so maybe the heat is the factor for this?

Not a major problem for me as they still change between the two options and seem NOT to be stuck!

OP
M

muzik1974

Reaction score
At the moment I have not had a repeat of yesterday..I have just got in from work so it has had a good 35 min drive and now it is sitting baking in the sun for when I go out in a bout half and hour..If it is the heat causing it then I guess it should do it later..

Sooty00

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320 C class 2008
Hi to all I'm new here.... I have c320 cdi sports when the ignition is on the sport button works fine on an off but soon as I start driving under a minute sports mode kicks in and it doesn't come of even if I press the button 100 times doesn't do anything.... Its been on the computer it just say button malfunction which I don't think is right because it does work when the ignition is on the light comes on an off soon as the ignition turns on and of only. Sports mode stays on only whilst driving.

Jawiz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2002 220 CDI
Hi to all I'm new here.... I have c320 cdi sports when the ignition is on the sport button works fine on an off but soon as I start driving under a minute sports mode kicks in and it doesn't come of even if I press the button 100 times doesn't do anything.... Its been on the computer it just say button malfunction which I don't think is right because it does work when the ignition is on the light comes on an off soon as the ignition turns on and of only. Sports mode stays on only whilst driving.

Did you find out about this?

Jawiz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 2002 220 CDI
Nope still driving in sports you having the same problem?

Yeah it started last week. I can restart the car it will go to comfort, but then after a little while back stuck in sports mode. I have a mate with star gonna get it checked, no regular obd codes atleast. Going to check the suspension for the electrical connections (checked the front looked ok, not sure how to check rear).

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom