C350 CDI Sport Ordered

JimDut

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDI Sport 2011
Hi all,

I'm Jim from Staffordshire.

I'm very lucky and excited to have got hold of someone's cancelled order, so the car should be with me in about two weeks.

Its a white 125 Edition with quite a few options, Heated Full Leather, Harman Kardon, Command Online, Pamoranic Roof and Telephone Pre Wiring

I've had Ford's since 17, the last two being the Mondeo ST220 and at the moment a Mondeo ST TDCi, so this is a massive jump up for me, in fact, it feels quite surreal to have one on order.

I own and run a number of Ford ST and RS Clubs, so makes a nice change to be a member of a club again, I look forward to having a browse around.

If anyone has got any advice on the lead up to and on the day of picking her up, please let me know :)

Regards

Jim

Developer

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S212 E63 S 5.5 biturbo
Welcome to you - a nice car indeed.

nicolas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E63 AMG 6.2 PP
Excellent choice! I have got a c class 350 cdi (W204 built in Feb 2010) and it is absolutely brilliant! I think you have got the latest engine with extra power and reduced C02 emission. You will truly enjoy this car for a long time...

MERCSPORT

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2009 CLS 350 CDI Grand Edition
You might want to go to Germany to pick it up? They give you a free tour of the factory, and a lovely dinner!

OP
J

JimDut

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDI Sport 2011
Hi guys,

Thanks for the welcomes.

Because it was a cancelled order I didn't get the choice as the original person who ordered arranged for it to be shipped... just had an email to say it will be here end of this week, early next... very excited!!

Regards

Jim

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
1-stephen-taylor.artistwebsites.com
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
Brilliant choice of car.

Depends on the era of Ford you've owned and ran, but the RWD is a lot better and more fun, you'll enjoy it.

I'd love to say however it will be so much better made than a modern ford and last longer, it is and it will, but not to the extent that you think it will.

OP
J

JimDut

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDI Sport 2011
Hi Nicolas, its a Sport 125 Edition.

st4, yea without a doubt this will be a major step up in pretty much every factor.

I have really enjoyed my Ford's, they've been good cars and fortunately mine have had few problems, but I can imagine the overall ownership experience of any Merc will be a whole new level :)

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
Hi Nicolas, its a Sport 125 Edition.

st4, yea without a doubt this will be a major step up in pretty much every factor.

I have really enjoyed my Ford's, they've been good cars and fortunately mine have had few problems, but I can imagine the overall ownership experience of any Merc will be a whole new level :)

I wholly expect you to be disappointed if its an ownership experience you're after. Lexus do that, Mercedes don't.

However they are fantastic cars to drive, fun, comfortable, fast and safe. They have sorted by and large corrosion issues and your car won't rust. Engine wise and transmission wise it will give you no headaches and that model is very reliable in other regards. In short, it is befitting of the Marque.

You'll be servicing at a dealer I assume, this will let you see the "other side" of Mercedes and where your experiences may dip. I sincerely hope I am proven wrong, but most of us here have not had the top level experience at dealerships when servicing is due. Massive bills, swapped wheels (yep I had someone elses wheel put on mine), non returned calls.

nicolas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E63 AMG 6.2 PP
Hi Jim, best choice in my opinion! You will love the 3 modes c comfort, s sport or m manual, all three modes will give you a different feel of the driving and it is such a pleasure hearing the v6 engine, no matter what other people say about c250 being almost as good as the c350, you have the ultimate sound and torque the c250 cannot match...

st4

Banned
Reaction score
Website
Your Mercedes
Disqualified driver
Hi Jim, best choice in my opinion! You will love the 3 modes c comfort, s sport or m manual, all three modes will give you a different feel of the driving and it is such a pleasure hearing the v6 engine, no matter what other people say about c250 being almost as good as the c350, you have the ultimate sound and torque the c250 cannot match...

The C350 is allegedy 231bhp, in reality they are nearer 250bhp +. Peak torque output, it starts with a 4. The 250cdi just makes over 200bhp and peak torque is 369ft/lb IIRC. Which is good, but the 350cdi is a lot better.

Once his car loosens up, it will be producing nearer 260bhp and approx 410ft/lb of torque.

Jim: did you spec the advanced agility package?

nicolas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E63 AMG 6.2 PP
Dear ST4, the specs for his new car is a newer V6 engine delivering an overall 265bhp (34 more than the previous v6) and has a lower co2 emission of 154g/km as opposed to 175g/km. the new engine does 0-60 in 6 s, the previous one was 6.4 (some claim 6.1 s and even 5.9 s with the tiptronic manual setting). But you may be right that the previous engine is more than 231 bhp as it feels way more powerful when driving it.;)

BIGCJL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320 CDI
Jim, you are going to notice the differenmce in power IMO along with everything else. In the past I've had a few "nippy" cars, including a Subaru Imprezza WRX, and my C320CDI on the move just feels like its got power to burn, so I'd just give you 1 word of caution, especially at this time of year, take it careful in the wet, that much power going to the rear wheels, its very easy :lol: to get the back end out.

You will not regret it one bit. Enjoy.:D

OP
J

JimDut

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDI Sport 2011
Thanks for the replies guys :)

st4 - I'm surprised to hear that, I had no idea... to be honest I was expecting a very high stand indeed, so as you say, I hope I'm not disappointed, but at least I now won't be surprised if it does happen!

Yes I'm fortunate to have got the newer 350, so base is 265bhp and 600nm...

I didn't get the advanced pack, its a cancelled order, albeit, I never specified that option, so they wouldn't have looked for me... I'm guessing that would have been a good option to go for (off to read about it now!).

GIGCJL, thanks matey, will indeed take on your advice :)

On a slightly separate note, I read on the Apple forums that the Comand Online doesn't work with an iPhone4 when using the internet connection... anyone on her had that issue?

Regards

Jim

Last edited:

nicolas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E63 AMG 6.2 PP
also in times of snow, i would not recommend you drive a rear wheel drive car as it can be dangerous and quite difficult (this is my only concern) unless your car is a 4matic but I do not think so.

BIGCJL

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C320 CDI
also in times of snow, i would not recommend you drive a rear wheel drive car as it can be dangerous and quite difficult (this is my only concern) unless your car is a 4matic but I do not think so.

Nic, cannot agree with you there. Surely if driven carefully a rear wheel drive car will be OK, perhaps you can place a bit of weight in the boot (or keep tank as fully topped as poss) to aid traction, but it the conditions are soo bad, rear wheel will be no more of a problem that front wheel drive.

If you want to be a bit more sure footed opt for winter tyres (which is what I'll be doing), but last winter I had a FWD Mini Coopers S, and that was awful.

IMHO its more how the car is driven than if its FWD or RWD, naturally either will not be as good as 4X4, I once had a Subaru Imprezza WRX, and that was superb in the snow, but you pays your money and you takes your choice.

Dosco

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211
Nic, cannot agree with you there. Surely if driven carefully a rear wheel drive car will be OK, perhaps you can place a bit of weight in the boot (or keep tank as fully topped as poss) to aid traction, but it the conditions are soo bad, rear wheel will be no more of a problem that front wheel drive.

I would agree with you on this point - all about driving technique and level of skill.

How many rear wheel drive MB/BMW's etc are there in Germany, Austria, Switzerland to mention just three country's who have tons more of the white stuff than we do. A high proportion of drivers also use winter tyres many of which are fitted with studs.

nicolas

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes E63 AMG 6.2 PP
thanks BIGCJL and DOSCO for your comments. My comments I made actually refer to what I witnessed during the snow and icy conditions on my road. last year we had ice on our road and no sands and in that same day of terrible cold freezing temperatures, we had 12 cars missing the corner and headed in the front yard of people's houses destroying the walls guarding the front garden land (Yes Land Rover, Range Rover, BMW X5, BMW serie 3, mercedes c class (w203), Hyundai, peugeot... It was quite unbelievable to witness these crashes one by one. Luckily my house is not within the dangerous spot but I remember that i did all I could to assist a few stuck drivers including mercedes cars. I struggled to get inside my way drive due to ice on the road and became worried about having a crash...
But with the assistance of our neighbours they pushed my car in and finally managed to get in (then I made a decision no more driving around). The council was blamed for not providing sand on our road and many other residential roads which were deemed very dangerous. so overall, i took the precaution of not driving my car but my wife's car which is a golf mk4 and believe me it drove absolutely well during this weather. The car is front wheel and much lighter and can get to the hill easier than my c class which is heavier and driving an automatic gear box is also another challenge on the icy and hill road... But I do agree with your comments DOSCO, that training to drive under this extreme condition would be a benefit including having the winter tyres. But you can never be 100% sure of driving without a crash (snow can cover layer of ice underneath and if so you could get to a major disaster that I witnessed with all 12 cars that day...)

Mcobinad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 Designo Black paint, R500 W251, CL600 W216
thanks BIGCJL and DOSCO for your comments. My comments I made actually refer to what I witnessed during the snow and icy conditions on my road. last year we had ice on our road and no sands and in that same day of terrible cold freezing temperatures, we had 12 cars missing the corner and headed in the front yard of people's houses destroying the walls guarding the front garden land (Yes Land Rover, Range Rover, BMW X5, BMW serie 3, mercedes c class (w203), Hyundai, peugeot... It was quite unbelievable to witness these crashes one by one. Luckily my house is not within the dangerous spot but I remember that i did all I could to assist a few stuck drivers including mercedes cars. I struggled to get inside my way drive due to ice on the road and became worried about having a crash...
But with the assistance of our neighbours they pushed my car in and finally managed to get in (then I made a decision no more driving around). The council was blamed for not providing sand on our road and many other residential roads which were deemed very dangerous. so overall, i took the precaution of not driving my car but my wife's car which is a golf mk4 and believe me it drove absolutely well during this weather. The car is front wheel and much lighter and can get to the hill easier than my c class which is heavier and driving an automatic gear box is also another challenge on the icy and hill road... But I do agree with your comments DOSCO, that training to drive under this extreme condition would be a benefit including having the winter tyres. But you can never be 100% sure of driving without a crash (snow can cover layer of ice underneath and if so you could get to a major disaster that I witnessed with all 12 cars that day...)

In a situation like this, is where the brand with the 4 rings handles the snow with no stress! Just wondering when Mercedes will make 4matic standard on all their models.:(

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom