C350e

Swifty76

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350e 171
Hi everyone
I bought a c350e last Aug and I loved it my first mercedes ,but after two months malfunction lights started coming on just red malfunction collision assist return to garage without changing gear abs malfunction and the car is now over 100days off the road the garage I bought it of are ignoring me and I've brought it to a msl garage for a full diagnosis (600e). The quote I got for repairs is eye-watering surely a car of this age (4 )shouldn't have sooo many problems .diagnostic say a new high voltage ptc heater (no clue)and a monitoring system control unit but these parts are not available .
Anyone got any helpful suggestions ?
Thanks in advance

Al

bladecrazy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
tesla model 3 performance /honda cd175/w123 300d gertrude.
sounds grim, mercedes dont do good hybrids, was the diagnostics star?

OP
S

Swifty76

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350e 171
sounds grim, mercedes dont do good hybrids, was the diagnostics star?
Not sure about star but it was a mercedes technician that came out to do.the diagnostic

jamesw1956

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 C350E Estate
I have a C350E for 4 years from new and have had the "return to garage without changing gear" a couple of times. Simply switching on and off has sorted that. I am now going to purchase the car off the lease company and will take out an extended warranty on the vehicle for £1350 for 2 years which will give me peace of mind

OP
S

Swifty76

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350e 171
I'm also the owner of a c350e that started with the same light on now I've been slapped with a 7000.00 bill for repair I really hope you have better luck ,as it really is a fab car.

koskos

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c350e 2015
I'm also the owner of a c350e that started with the same light on now I've been slapped with a 7000.00 bill for repair I really hope you have better luck ,as it really is a fab car.
Hi, I have the same problem with c350e (5 years old). Mercedes dealer says they have to do full diagnostics and need to disassemble half of the car for it (around 600-700 euros). They have no idea what could be the reason. Did you ever figure out what caused the malfunction? And what parts needed to be replaced as a result?

Seems like a repeating error in hydbid Mercedeses ...

Paddywack0

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 C class estate 350e
A bit of an old thread but I recently have got a similar problem although it is coming up with a battery malfunction. PTC Heater connector could be the problem: https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2019/MC-10162197-9999.pdf

Paddywack0

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 C class estate 350e
Just had a call from MB dealer. PTC heater is the problem. £2800 bill for replacement. Going for a lie down!

flat6buster

Reaction score
I leased one for a 3 year term, gave it back after 2 years. Would not touch one with a barge pole used. Sooo much to go wrong.

Reactions: DSK

afroking_jonty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C3503
Anyone got the PTC Heater fixed? I bought the C350e from a 'reputable dealership' and within 12hrs there was that battery malfunction error followed by the 'without changing gear consult workshop'. Sent it to Mercedes dealership they stripped the car said its the PTC heater that needs replacement and there is no single one available in the world they are waiting for a production run. Its been 6 weeks now and called today to get an update and was told they are still yet to know when the part will be manufactured. Its a mess and i am getting cross with the dealership that sold the car.

So wanted to know how long people waited and what was the bill like? After fixing did you ever encounter the problem again?

harrye500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 W213 OM654 E220 Estate (the main driver) and 2010 A207 E500 (now 'the Summer Car')
Anyone got the PTC Heater fixed? I bought the C350e from a 'reputable dealership' and within 12hrs there was that battery malfunction error followed by the 'without changing gear consult workshop'. Sent it to Mercedes dealership they stripped the car said its the PTC heater that needs replacement and there is no single one available in the world they are waiting for a production run. Its been 6 weeks now and called today to get an update and was told they are still yet to know when the part will be manufactured. Its a mess and i am getting cross with the dealership that sold the car.

So wanted to know how long people waited and what was the bill like? After fixing did you ever encounter the problem again?
How frustrating. I can't answer your issue specifically but assuming you bought it from a 'reputable' Mercedes dealership and have only owned it a few weeks, I would reject it as defective and buy another one. Best bet would be a std petrol model as many will attest to on this forum, but I know that won't help you at this point.

Srdl

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
GLC43 AMG 2018 (X253)

Sorry to hear about this but, as above, reject the car under consumer protection laws and get your money back. The sooner you do that, the better,

afroking_jonty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C3503
How frustrating. I can't answer your issue specifically but assuming you bought it from a 'reputable' Mercedes dealership and have only owned it a few weeks, I would reject it as defective and buy another one. Best bet would be a std petrol model as many will attest to on this forum, but I know that won't help you at this point.
I only had the car for 12 hours not weeks. I purchased it from Bristol Street Motors. I asked them for a replacement car which was like £2k more than mine they refused. Because the branch i got the car from is far they decided to use Enterprise Car Rental for a courtesy car and today its been 6 weeks using that car at £45 per day (£2,025) already on courtesy car. I told them this doesn't make any economic sense they were better off to cut their losses early than dragging this far.

Now if i say i will wait for my car they will pay more than £5k in courtesy car rental on top of the £4k plus in repairs of my car. Even GCSE dropout will tell you this doesn't make any sense. Await to hear from them tomorrow what they say. Fingers crossed they will be ready to sort this out asap.

Had i not part exchanged my car with them would have simply done the unwind process. I am within my rights to do so at the moment but will be left with no car to use. I need a car to commute to work everyday.

harrye500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 W213 OM654 E220 Estate (the main driver) and 2010 A207 E500 (now 'the Summer Car')
Goodness! 12 hours? No, that makes no economic sense at all. As Srdl has noted though, you do have very robust rights under consumer protection law and the time stated for a reasonable fix, to my mind, is not reasonable. I would be in the showroom, shouting and balling (in a respectful way of course) in front of potential customers. That would likely get their attention.

afroking_jonty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C3503
Sounds like a whole joke to them. Mercedes have made it clear it’s 6-8 months to get the required part. The General manager has clearly failed to resolve this. Think should do a Twitter thread on their Group CEO Twitter timeline

harrye500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes, I would certainly try and generate some poor press. I wouldn't be certain the CEO would ever see any posts and his managers and execs are likely not that bothered either but it may work. You shouldn't have too though and I would be pressing them under the law, which is often now on the side of us little people for things like your issue. Start also formally communicating with them in writing / email if you're not already and save all communications chronologically. Build up a written case for if you decide to progress it further.

afroking_jonty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C3503
I did a Twitter thread, laid bare everything and the CEO and management responded. At first the CEO said he stand by his staff, then I responded with screenshots of emails and he backed down. At one point he was accusing me of wilfully breaking the car then I dropped a video I took the day I picked car, with their sales man in the frame chatting porkies about the faults.

Now they have come back to me with an offer for a replacement car. It’s a bit expensive than the one I had bought they are willing to give it to me at the same price. They offered me a C200d Sport Premium

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I did a Twitter thread, laid bare everything and the CEO and management responded. At first the CEO said he stand by his staff, then I responded with screenshots of emails and he backed down. At one point he was accusing me of wilfully breaking the car then I dropped a video I took the day I picked car, with their sales man in the frame chatting porkies about the faults.

Now they have come back to me with an offer for a replacement car. It’s a bit expensive than the one I had bought they are willing to give it to me at the same price. They offered me a C200d Sport Premium
From a C350e to a C200d and they want to charge you the same… there’s no harm in asking I suppose. I’d be wanting something with a lot less diesel and a couple more cylinders…

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
I said the same thing to them let’s see what they come back with.
Have a look through their used car stock list and see if there’s something you’d be interested in. “Normal” saloon cars are a bit out of fashion these days with more people wanting SUV’s so you might find a nice C or E.

Top Bottom