C63 AMG tyres

Del01

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 AMG Estate W204, C300e Estate W205 AMG Line (Night Ed) Premium Plus
Anyone have views (grip and wear) on tyres for my C63 AMG W204 - 19" AMG diamond cut alloys - currently has Conti SP5s which will need replacing soon? Rear grip not great - especially with occasional spirited driving.

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S .

Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport .

John Laidlaw

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Land Rover Discovery 4
^ these or Falken Azenis FK510 get good press

daveenty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2019 AMG S Class Coupe
Tyres are subjective really. You mention grip and wear but you'll end up with a compromise as you'll get one or the other usually

Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S .

I have these on my current car and am very impressed with them. A good all weather tyre with particularly good wet grip and a progressive break away.

Goodyear Eagle F1 SuperSport .

Can't comment on these, though the reviews seem positive. I had Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 on the rear of my previous car, which was somewhat modified, and found the grip to be excellent. They not only launched better but they seemed to last longer than the various other things I tried. the current ones are apparently as good, if not better.

I had a set of Vredestein (Ultrac Sessanta) prior to the Goodyears but the torque was literally ripping them apart. So much so that I had to replace them with nearly 5mm left. :(

Rotorhead500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Used to have a C63...
As Dave said, you tend to get one or the other with grip & wear.

I liked the Conti CS5 on mine, but wasn't convinced they were worth the cost premium over:

Goodyear Asymmetrico 3 - quiet, grippy, good ride quality but high wear rate;
Uniroyal Rainsport 3 - as above but had better wear rate, very good in cack weather.

OP
Del01

Del01

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C63 AMG Estate W204, C300e Estate W205 AMG Line (Night Ed) Premium Plus
Thanks to all for your views. I realise grip v wear is a compromise and not keen to go down the budget route with 487hp and quite a lively rear in the wet, so now have some options to consider.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom