Cabin temperature sensor.

amb67

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes-Benz C220 Coupe AMG, E320 CDI (S211), Aprilia RSVR
I decided to take mine out and see how much fluff it had collected, it was absolutely caked in debris of all kinds. Suffice to say I cleaned the debris away and refitted, can't say I've noticed that much of a difference.

I think I need a regas/service, the cars almost 9 years old and has most likely never had the AC looked at.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I am still not sure that the heater change over valve fixed my 216, the sensor is by the steering wheel and near on impossible to feel up there.

I do not have anything in my OCP

DIYMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270cdi/53 plate/2.7l 5cyl.
Would it not be possible to suck the fluff/dirt out of the grill from the front with a vacuum cleaner?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Would it not be possible to suck the fluff/dirt out of the grill from the front with a vacuum cleaner?

On the cars that have the grill in the OCP the dirt/fluff really sticks hard and a paint brush was needed on the ones that I have done. I do not have one in my 216

S.Speed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Older Citroen Now :-(

Haha I did just that on my 211 on Sunday after reading this article via Corned..
I can tell you if it got anything out.. I have a monster industrial vacuum cleaner I went a bit nuts on buying some time ago..

Maybe on my car there isn't actually a sensor behind the little grill.. I don't know..

OP
Corned

Corned

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 S211 E320CDI Avantgarde

It might be - but how would you know you had got all (or indeed, any) of it out?

OP
Corned

Corned

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 S211 E320CDI Avantgarde
The tissue paper suction test will only tell you if the little fan is still capable of drawing in air.

It won't however tell you how caked up the actual thermocouple is. It that is covered, you are never going to get an accurate temperature reading from it.

Also, don't forget that in some models (my 211 being one) there is also a secondary sensor in the front roof console. When I checked mine, I was surprised to see how clean it was. Spotless, in fact. And yet it still passed the suction test with flying colours.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom