Can anyone advise on service interval and oil grade?

j4gg4

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK, CLS, A-CLASS, ML
W246
1.8 CDI

I've gone through all the manuals that came with the car and im searching online with no definitive answer. So annoying that these cars come with no service book as all the info used to be in those books.

I'd prefer mobil 1 but the mobil1 checker website, using my reg, says they don't offer oil for my car (like.. WTF?) and the castrol site says theres 2 options and say the interval is 25k km (whats that in miles?) The more I dig the more im confused.

Also, I assume these cars can be drained from under the engine? again im reading up that you must only use a suction hose to get it out.

Help me out guys :cool:

Jim2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1st Merc 2010 E Class W212 2.1 CDI. 2nd Merc 2014 E Class W212 220 CDI
W246
1.8 CDI

I've gone through all the manuals that came with the car and im searching online with no definitive answer. So annoying that these cars come with no service book as all the info used to be in those books.

I'd prefer mobil 1 but the mobil1 checker website, using my reg, says they don't offer oil for my car (like.. WTF?) and the castrol site says theres 2 options and say the interval is 25k km (whats that in miles?) The more I dig the more im confused.

Also, I assume these cars can be drained from under the engine? again im reading up that you must only use a suction hose to get it out.

Help me out guys :cool:
Google "MB BEVO", identify your vehicle from the list, and it will give you all of the fluid specs for your car. Including all MB approved brands.

JBell

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350 CDi Estate (GAD Edition)
Car should tell you when it needs servicing, usually every year

Oil:

OEM MB Oil

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Assyst will tell you when it needs servicing.
Mobil 1 ESP

morgluis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2016 GLA 250 2.0
The brand is not too important. Just use oil that meets the MB spec.

Gazwould

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250 CDI
Wow that's alot of miles , guess it's a LongLife oil .

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom