can anyone help w124 windows

parkside

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1994 eclass w124
i have taken my battery off not sure if it has any bearing, when i went yto open the windows they would not work when i open the car door they work fine. anyone come accross that before?. thanks paul

star

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Smart + others :)
Remove the fuses and check the ends for burning, the comfort relay is allowing them to work with the door open.

d215yq

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1987 W124 300D 280k miles
Fuse 2 is the one that causes this. Probably not blown or other things dont work but they can look ok but still not let the windows work...

OP
P

parkside

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1994 eclass w124
thanks will try

OP
P

parkside

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1994 eclass w124
Remove the fuses and check the ends for burning, the comfort relay is allowing them to work with the door open.
thanks will try

OP
P

parkside

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1994 eclass w124
thanks guys

OP
P

parkside

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1994 eclass w124
Fuse 2 is the one that causes this. Probably not blown or other things dont work but they can look ok but still not let the windows work...
Thanks a million i was going to start weekend testing motor indicator stalk, and all inbetween. when i saw your answer. i had looked at all the fuses and the lookedok. but hey for less than £1 for 9 i thought nothing top lose. i put a new fuse in number 2 BINGO all fixed wiper flasher windows washer. again thanks a million.

OP
P

parkside

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1994 eclass w124
Thanks a million i was going to strip it down weekend and i had looked at the fused all ok, but thought hey for £1 for 9 fuses give it a go. Bingo number 2 fuse windows, flasher, washer, windscreen wipers all working. once again thanks a million. paul

OP
P

parkside

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1994 eclass w124
Spot on, looked at fuses all looked ok but for £1 for 9 fuses i gave it a go. BINGO number 2 fuse fixed all. thanks Paul

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Change them all if they are the white metal type for copper or brass ended ones ceramic is the waty to go . Boat chandelers will fix you up but you can get them off ebay but mind they arte copper or brass along with ceramic base ,not plastic.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom