Can laquer be buffed out if over sprayed till white line in it

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
www.schnauzersinireland.com
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
I just rubbed down a removed a few we bubbles off the front wheel arch of my w124 ,treated for rust rubbed down primed rubbed down and can spray painted it and was well pleased BUT then when I applied the first coat of laquer ten minutes later a white line appeared I think the colour coat may not have been dry enough ,,Don't want to start again would this buff out. Does not have to look like new it's 18 yrs old....suggestion please ....

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
At the current air temps paint will take more than 24 hours for the thinners to evaporate, its near impossible to do any paint work under 20c, you stand a good chance when doing it at low temps of trapping the thinners in, if the paints are not dry then the base coats will reactivate and mix with the current coat. If only doing small areas, the a heat lamp is the thing to use, and warm the panel up,,,the other snag is paint shrinks as it dries,,,and it can pull back from the edges of the old paint, and as above paint cannot flash off at under 20c.

OP
mercmancdi

mercmancdi

Reaction score
Website
www.schnauzersinireland.com
Your Mercedes
2009 E250 cdi 08 cls320 cdi ,2007 e280 cdi '2005 E 280 CDI ,VW TOUAREG ,JAGUAR S AND xTO NAME A FEW
Pain in back side no drying at all .. Might just let dry off and let it go till warmer weather ..but at least rust is treated. Feel a bit sad as when I painted it 3 coats I was we'll pleased got it blended in great went to bed happy.then that dam laquer ruined it ...:(

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom