Cannot open roof "close boot separator" error

Gozde Beyhan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E 250 AMG 2011
All sorted, removed spigot/spindle housing, inserted into boot separator then reassembled. Hood now working.

Hi there,

Is there a way to get a video from you guys as I am not familiar with these car part names... Thanks in advance!

Gozde Beyhan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E 250 AMG 2011
Just had a chance to get a quick look in the boot. turned out the separator was just not fully closed. must've been slightly pushed inwards when i picked up a friend at the airport over the weekend and he tried to push his bag in. he better not have broken anything!

Will gladly upload more pics (aside from the one on my avatar) when I get a chance. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!

Hi there,

Is there a way to get a video from you guys as I am not familiar with these car part names... Thanks in advance!

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Asking 5 times in 15 minutes won't make it happen, especially given it's dark outside. All it does is annoy people. I suggest you try Google.

Gozde Beyhan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E 250 AMG 2011
Asking 5 times in 15 minutes won't make it happen, especially given it's dark outside. All it does is annoy people. I suggest you try Google.

First of all, I am new here and trying to understand how this messaging works.. There is no video on google and that is why I am here.. Of course, someone can share the video later on, right? Please find something real to get annoyed with instead of making a new person feel bad.

Zak1309

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E class convertible
All sorted, removed spigot/spindle housing, inserted into boot separator then reassembled. Hood now working.

I also have the same problem. How did you fixed the issue? Any help will be appreciated

Amanda1

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Eclass
Hi there,

Hi, I would really appreciate video also, can’t get roof down in this beautiful weather in my 2015 eclass

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
Hi, I would really appreciate video also, can’t get roof down in this beautiful weather in my 2015 eclass
Hello and welcome,

Any message on the dash? If “close boot separator” then open the boot and make sure the boot separator is in the down position and that the microswitch in the left hand catch is closed.
Then close the boot and try the roof again.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom