Cannot play MP3's in E-class W211 and AUX input

planetoceanjp

Reaction score
Hi All,

New to this and first post. I've just recently purchased a 2003 E-class 220 CDi (W211) and noted in the manual that the fitted Audio20 can play MP3's. My car has the single CD player in the head unit as well as the 6 CD changer below it. I have tried burning several CD's (TDK brand) and am unable to play any of them in either units. Can anyone help please with my questions below:

1. Does the car need any software upgrade to play MP3's and how do I find out if mine has this?

2. Has anyone created their own CD's and got them to play them? If so what CD burner software did you use and what settings did you have?

3. I've read in other posts that the W211 has an AUX socket in the glove compartment. Is this standard and where is it? Mine just seems to have a black plastic cap in the area where others have said they have a jack.

Many thanks.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Sorry that ai cant offer much help, There was a gap in the production where the Aux plug was not fitted, no one knows why.

If you do a search, there are threads where the make of the disc and the programs used do work

OP
P

planetoceanjp

Reaction score
Thanks Malcolm, I'll continue searching for it.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
My Audio 20 won't play MP3's, but the cd changer will. My dad's won't though so I guess this functionality came in around 2003/4 (His is an early one with a casette audio 20).
It's not really fussy and will play most setups, I put the cds into album directories and it works fine. Only issue is that it will only address 99 tracks.

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom