Cant remove rear rotor 1994 s320

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Only that one screw on the left, the parking brake shoes must be backed off nto clear the wear ridge.

When hitting the thing do not leave the suspention hanging,,,lower it nto some thing to take out any bounce. It may require a 4bl hammer

OP
J

jimmy29

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1994 s320
The screw on the left has no access from the back and is smooth on the front. How do i remove it.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It looks like a standard cross head to me, that is the only screw holding it,,if the head as gone you can drill it out and the remains will come out with a pair of pliers, If the worst comes to the worst you do not need the screw, the wheel bolts hold it on, just harder to fit the wheel as it will turn round.

A cold chisel may help unscrew it

OP
J

jimmy29

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1994 s320
The bolt/screw is smooth like it is threaded from the backside. I guess ill try drilling it out. Really no way to cut a grove in it and i dont have chisel small enough to fit into hole. BTW the rotor is fine and i dont want to damage it.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Drill the head off as centrally as possible, that is the only screw

Rappey69

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
c220 w204 amg sport
It looks to me like you have removed the screw that holds the disc in place already... the other one your on about may be some mounting for the internal parking brake parts... so maybe not a good idea to remove/drill.

You have also removed the middle nut which does not need removing as that centre part stays when the disc comes off..

Is the disc still solid? If so then it probably just needs a good beating around the centre hub to break the corrosion that has bonded the disc in place.. Then it will just fall off and all will be revealed !

Would like to point out all i know is the w203 rear so am assuming yours is the same.

this pic shows what will/should come off.. may help ?

Attachments

• rear disc.jpg
    rear disc.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

DIYMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270cdi/53 plate/2.7l 5cyl.
Pouring boiling water over the disc usually frees them.

47p2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W638, W140, W220, W639 All gone but not forgotten
You shouldn't have removed the nut from the centre, you will need to put it back on and tighten it up before doing any more. The 'other bolt' will be a plastic plug which should pull out allowing access to the adjuster screw for the handbrake shoes. Remove the plug and turn the rotor until you can see the adjuster through the hole. Using a screwdriver turn the adjuster until the handbrake shoes back off and the rotor turns freely.

Here is a youtube clip showing an easy way to remove the rotor Click

Pathfinder

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLC 220 CDi Sport Diesel Year 2008
Pouring boiling water over the disc usually frees them.
Thats the daftest advice I have ever heard. Are you having a laugh ?

Last edited:

Uncle Benz

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mainly Mercedes
It's not a screw, just a dowel. It's not attached to the disc at all, just for location. You must put the large centre nut back on - it holds the driveshaft and keeps the wheel bearing tight.
As already mentioned you must back off the handbrake adjustment and a few taps may be needed to break the corrosion lock around the centre location - where the White fluffy deposits are showing.

DIYMAN

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E270cdi/53 plate/2.7l 5cyl.
It may take more than one kettle full of boiling water, it is surprising what a bit of thermal shock can do, heating and freezing.

Pathfinder

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLC 220 CDi Sport Diesel Year 2008
It may take more than one kettle full of boiling water, it is surprising what a bit of thermal shock can do, heating and freezing.
OK, I will try that, it may work

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thermal heat transfer through cast iron is quite rapid, this is why it was used for cooking utensils for years, it also has good linear heat transfer characteristics.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom