Car cover review

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Now check out the first section of the add . It reads Highley Water Risistant .
You need one thats full water proof .Those are breathable .
I picked up a Monsoon car cover fully fitted with pockets for the mirrors and tie straps .As yet its worked every winter for 4 years now . Need more info just ask .

OP
Morethanpolish

Morethanpolish

Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor
If I may comment....
These are indeed breathable, and if you are putting a cover on a soft top then it is essential to prevent the creation of a warm and moist environment which will result in mould and algae growing - unless you wanted a green hood that is.
You don't need total waterproofness, its a benefit IF its coupled with breathability, and if the car is totally dry when the cover is applied.
You also need the cover to allow some airflow, if its not breathable and waterproof, and I'm afraid I cannot recommend your type of cover as it will seal in moisture.
If you want a waterproof cover (which isn't strictly necessary on a modern car anyway) then I'd recommend this type - as it breathes, and is waterproof: http://carcovershop.co.uk/Car-Waterproof-Breathable-Covers.asp
We also do custom made versions of this for the 996, 997 and 991.

DREAMER NO2

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124 2.6E M103 1989
Then you do what you think fit .I know i have one .And i did purchase a breathable cover to start with ,it did not work for me I only use my cover in the bad winter weather . Its covered with thermal sheets first and then the cover .

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom