Car fob Single Button Keyfob Resync - Key from Alternate Car

gerrado

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes 1996 C200 Mercedes 2006 180 Kompressor
Good evening,

I have read many threads reference the key fobs and resynchronising the single button keyfob with the car. (Point at rear view....).

However,
One of the keys I have that was taped up, the button has actually fell off the board from the solder points. I am going to attempt to resolder this but......

In the meantime I have purchased a Key from Ebay with the board intact etc.
I have replaced the blade key in this and attempted to resync / "reprogram" the key fob to no avail.

I have heard that sometimes it can be tricky and just to persevere with the sync method and it will work.

Can someone please tell me if I am wasting my time? I was under the impression this would / has worked from reading forums.

To be clear. It is a key from ebay, from a alternate Mercedes but the fob should be the same part.

!996 C200 Mercedes

Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers

AMGeed

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S204 C180K
You are wasting your time. A key from a different car cannot be reprogrammed to work in your car.

Blobcat

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R171 SLK280, Smart R451, Land Rover 110 County SW, 997 C2S, R1250 GSA TE 40th, CBR600FP
As per above, it won’t work.

Use the buttons and case from the eBay key to repair your key (use your board and internals)

OP
G

gerrado

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OK thanks, it was worth a gamble.
Just out of interest is it an expensive job for the reprogram if I have the key?
I am of course going to find someone with more nimble hands to attempt to solder the other key in the meantime.

Cheers!

mioba

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W124/E200, W220/S320CDI, W205/C200, W251/R350CDI 4Matic
Gerrardo, unfortunately as mentioned above.
Mercedes only I am afraid, due to the age of the car you will be lucky.

OP
G

gerrado

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OK mate, appreciate the reply.

Cheers!

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom