Car starts missing the acceleration for couple of minutes

mb54

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200,CDI,AUTO, 54 REG
Hi,
Good Morning

I hope everybody is very well, I have bought mercedes c200 cdi 2004 2.2 diesel two weeks ago but when i start the car in the morning, i leave the car for 10minutes to get warmed up as it's diesel & been told by somebody (never drove diesel before)

After leaving the car warmed up, when you start driving, the car starts jerking,missing,jumping for few minutes, first i thought it's gear so i have changed gear oil,filter still problem was there !!!! then filled half tank & put injector in still got same problem everyday.

I have spent way more than on this car please advise:(

ernieh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi Q2 Sport, 2022, 1.5 Petrol
Was it a private buy or from a trader? If the latter, I would take it back and ask them, politely, to sort it out. If private, I would take it to a MB Indy and get them to read the codes, because with a fault like that, something should be recorded.

Problem with these cars, and most modern cars for that matter, is that many things can be responsible for similar symptoms and before you know it, you've spent a fortune trying to trace faults by elimination.

Let us know how you get on as we like a follow-up on queries like yours!

I've noticed that you leave the car to warm up at first start.....Apart from the waste of fuel and the pollution of exhaust gases, I think it's a waste of time. By all means take it easy for a bit to let the oil warm up, but I always drive off on starting, much to wife's annoyance, as she likes the car warmed up a bit! Apart from the above, modern diesels are so efficient that very little heat is generated when idling and it will warm through faster when driving.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

Ernie

OP
M

mb54

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200,CDI,AUTO, 54 REG
re: mercedes c200 missing jerking in the morning

Hi,

Ernieh thanks alot for your consideration, I went to Mercedes showroom today asked them,they said they will charge £100 for diagnose & on top of his head it could be timing chain problem it's not pumping enough oil or something ( I have no clue sorry)

Went to one of the local garage they said if it's timing chain then it could have started missing all time not just once, went to another garage they said,he will charge me £20 for a diagnose & will charge another couple of hundred if it's timing chain problem.

Would you think that it will be a timing chain problem & shall i get diagnosed done with the local garage as it's cheap & will that identify the problem ?
:(

thanks alot in advance

ELGRINGO

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
e230 c180 sl280 brabus a190 smar cart
Hi wont be your timing chain not if its a diesel, if it was a petrol 271 engine then possibly rubbish engine. need to have a injector test carried out sounds like one , not correct spray pattern on idle.

lordksmith

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK220 CDI Sport AMG Pack
Hi, I'm new to diesel as well, but my wife has always had them , Mazda's "no account for taste" she had a similar problem to your's, turned out number one injector had an intermittent fault, it was a bugger to diagnose, because the RAC would plug there kit in "on breakdowns" which did'nt recognize the car but clear the codes. I bought an all singing all dancing tester and discovered number one injector fault,replaced under warranty, tempting fate now but all clear now, and smooth starting and running.
And as for warming up, as ernieh says waste of time, aslo the hand book say drive off after starting. hope you get it sorted soon.

ernieh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi Q2 Sport, 2022, 1.5 Petrol
As above...the 200CDi doesn't normally have timing chain problems. If your local garage has a STAR system that should give an indication of where the problem lies; other diagnostics systems may come up with something but not so reliable as STAR!

Ernie

Top Bottom