Car Storage Available !

Alcudia

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S500 Coup Black, S280 Gold(ish)
This is not an add!!

Not strictly a question either though - so please forgive me for that - but........

I have the opportunity to take long term lease on premises that would provide safe indoor storage and an environment to work on your car in an individual designated bay thats just yours i.e. not public.

This would 1 ml off the A1 in yorkshire (near Leeds).

I would provide access of and free usage of:

2 poster ramp
several "pits"
MB Diagnostic computer

Charges would be £10 per bay per week - there are aproximatley 80 bays available

Before i sign the £1500 a month lease I was trying to get a feel for the level of demand there would be among MB enthusiasts.

Thanks for reading and again sorry for the slight misuse of this forum - im not touting for business here and if i go ahead will take out proper "ads" and pay for them

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
2 far away for me. sounds ideal tho!

roofless

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
w124 e220 estate
you would be wise to post on some classic car sites for this type of service ...... but a good idea

MercStraight6

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 E280 estate
I would find that quite useful, especially at that rate. Space at home is limited at the moment.

OP
A

Alcudia

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Forgot to say there would also be a spray shop with water mist dust clearance and dust free slatted floor with dust capture water pits below!! Sorry no infra read drying system - at least not yet!!!!

mikestrivens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 320TE, 1998 R129 SL500, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
I am sure this would be quite useful. You might like to think about some discount deals for long term usage.

OP
A

Alcudia

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ive got to be careful - im not allowed to sublet, but i am allowed to run a business and to hire out the facilities. So for example i could not rent the bays out as garages but i can hire them out to people whist there "working" on there cars - of course how much actual "work" is done is up to the car owner.

I dont want to cock it up as i think it could be a good opportunity business wise for me (my luxury garden building business as just folded - for some peculiar reason people no longer want to spend £20k on a posh garden shed, carnt think why??) and a really useful "service" for car enthusiasts. So in a nutshell i want to make sure i stay well within the right side of the lease and i fear that someone paying say a year up front might be pushing it.

OP
A

Alcudia

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
"""I am sure this would be quite useful. You might like to think about some discount deals for long term usage. """

Thinking about it there would be nothing to stop me offering say 10% cash back after 3 months, 20% ofter 6 and 40% after 12 for "loyal" customers!!!!!

torquewrench

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202 C220 1995 Elegance 100k
It sounds like a good idea, though you would have to look at public liability insurance and there will probably be another plethora of rules and regulations to overcome as well. Good luck.

jberks

Reaction score
M1, Outside lane, somewhere between Leeds and Lond
Your Mercedes
Jaguar XF 3.0 S, LR Freelander 2, Fiat 500 & Fiat Panda
It does sound like a great idea though I can't say I need it myself but I can think of a number of times over the years when I did. I'd imagine an ad in the Yorkshire Evening Post, not just for enthusiasts but anyone who needs access to proper kit, even just for a morning. People building kit cars, restoring cars, chaning gearboxes or engines (not a fun job on your driveway with those little ramps) or even jobbing mechanics who don't have premises so have to turn down some jobs could use it to widen their repertoir.
Good luck with it, in this tight time, it might be just the thing for hard up car owners.
I'd say £10 a week is very cheap - try finding such facilities at any price. Maybe as a long term deal rate (£20 per week surely isn't that heavy) but I'd be thinking more like £20 per day for most folk!

Last edited:
OP
A

Alcudia

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks everybody - PLEASE keep the feedback coming!!

EG: Would the following be of use (I can easily supply as I already posses the kit) and would you be prepaired to pay extra for it

Compressed air to each bay

MIG

TIG

PLASMA

BEARING PRESS

Any other kit would be a real bonus??

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom