Car will go limp mode after 10 mins after start

Bozhidar Tsvetkov

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes c 220 cdi
My car Mercedes C 220 CDI 2002 year
I have the following problem; I start the car, car runs perfect for 10-15 mins and usually that happens when I jump on the motorway, it goes in limp mode; Temperature drops to 45 degrees. After I stop , restart the engine I don't have the problem for another 10-15 mins; I changed the Mass airflow semsor, air filter, diesel filter, the problem still exist; I spent a fortune on labour to have the diesel pump serviced (new hoses, seals, etc) the injectors checked...
No faults on computer, "no mulfuncions"
I don't know what it is :( If somone can recommend someone who can tell me what it is and cure the problem in West Sussex I will be very grateful! Thanks

OP
B

Bozhidar Tsvetkov

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes c 220 cdi
No I can restart it straight away. I turn off the engine, start it again and there is no limp mode ...

Sounds like classic crankshaft position sensor fault as in stops when warm and no restart until it cools down a bit.[/QUOTE

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom