1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CD Changer MC3198 no cd 1-6

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by Pipemaster, May 26, 2010.

1. Pipemaster

Pipemaster Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    SL350 R230 / 2006 / 3500
    I have a 2000 R129 and whilst away recently changed the cds in the magazine when reloaded the display reported NO CD 1-6. I have had the unit out and there is a red light on the fibre optic connector and if the magazine is left out it reports that on the display. I have heard that disconnecting the unti sometimes resets. I have done this but to no avail. I have also read eleswhere that removing the radio fuse would do the trick. I have not done this yet. I do have the code so I could. Does anyone know where the fuse is? And if anyone has any thoughts it would be appreciated as I would like try all soloutions before purchasing a replacement. The Head unit has a SAT NAV built in and I have use the single cd slot to play cd's but it's not the same!

Thanks in advance

2. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    Just removing the plug on the power lead to the changer will have the same effect as removing the fuse.

it could be worth cleaning and checking the micro switches on the loading part