Cd changer problem

Nikki2512

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLC 220 CDI sport 2008, C200 Sport Estate 205 series 2015
I have being trying to correct a problem with the CD changer where the cartridge got stuck. Having read various threads I removed the unit and the cover and carefully moved a stuck CD and tray to release the cassette. I believed that copy CD's used by the previous owner had caused the problem and these have been removed.
You can imagine my dismay when the assembled unit was plugged back in the car, the cartridge inserted and it still did not work. At first it had an error message "no cartridge" or similar and now all it says is "no CDC". I have removed and inserted the fuse (which is not blown) and removed the two leads and note a red light flowing to the CDC unit but if anything there is no sign of life from the unit.
The only thing I can think of is to take apart again and check nothing loose or damaged. Any suggestions please. Nikki

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Not easy, there should be a red light in both the optic cable and the CD player.

m2287

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Bentley Continental GT - S55K AMG - RR vogue - Mazda6 estate
Might sound stupid but hitting it should release the cartridge.

OP
N

Nikki2512

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLC 220 CDI sport 2008, C200 Sport Estate 205 series 2015
Cd changer solution

Not easy, there should be a red light in both the optic cable and the CD player.

Thanks for the helpful comments. In the end I had to take the unit apart and move the cogs to release the cassette. I word of caution, I found you need to plug the unit back into the cat before inserting cartridge otherwise it is not recognised and shows error message. Unit is working at present although it was a low tech solution just taking it apart. Fingers crossed it lasts. Nikki

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Its working, so good one :D:D

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom