CD Player in E430 Estate

georgebrooke

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W210 Estate 2001 4.3 litre V8
Due to recently discovered (serious) rust beneath the CD player.....which is located at the rear on driver's side of the car I had to remove the cd player, together with its brackets. It looked like the local garage had already had a look because of the untidy replacement of the rear panels.
Anyway, I removed the cd player so that the repair shop....who are planning to weld in a new panel...don't have to mess with the electronics. The electrical connections seem simple, two connectors which seem easy to deal with. However, I also found, dangling, what appears to be a coax cable with a male coax connector, running from the rear of the car towards the CD player location. I cannot find what this might be connected to and I am concerned that the garage disconnected it without reconnecting...so any ideas what this could be?
The satnav appears to work, I cannot see a coax connector on the cd player...which also works....so is this a Merc. contingency cable for external antennae or something similar or have I lost something important?

Thanks for the help

brandwooddixon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S63 Coupe 2014
I take it that your radio still works on LW?
Otherwise, some cars had a CD changer in the boot or it could be for a mobile phone kit?

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom