CD Player Repair/Replace

mo13

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C200K
Hi Guys,

The CD player on my W203 C200K is not reading CDs, the radio is working fine its just when a CD in inserted it returns with a CD error message, its get a bit boring on long journeys. Any ideas where I can get this fixed or purchase a new 1?

Hertfordshire Merx

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160
The unit needs an internal repair, I dont know anyone in your area, the people I use are Braybrooks in Hertford or Just Ice in Harlow.

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
Isnt it better/cheaper to buy a new CD player. You could even consider aftermarket brands and use interface to use your steering control and on dash display

tony2311

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203/2002/270cdi
might be cheaper to get one off ebay.

P

PanzerMcGrory

I bought one of these of e-bay and done away with cds altogether.

They are brilliant, the 4gb card holds about 1000 songs and plays perfectly through your radio tuned into the same frequency, you can get them with bigger or smaller memory cards or if you have your own card you can get one for about £6 and it even comes with a remote control !!!!

its small but i still plug it into the power point in the back seats and dont see it at all.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FM-TRANSMITTE...s=65:1|66:3|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:2|294:100

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
These are very fidgity and dont always work very clear as they are transmitted via FM/MW frequency but they are worth every penny

P

PanzerMcGrory

These are very fidgity and dont always work very clear as they are transmitted via FM/MW frequency but they are worth every penny

They only transmit in FM so you get cd quality sounds and I must be lucky as mine works perfectly, well worth the £12.49 i paid which is a bit cheaper than a new cd player and you dont have to use CDs anyway.

SQ_W211

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W219 CLS55 AMG
I have one in my dads car and it seems to only want to work at a certain frequencies such as 88.1 or 89.0 but as I said, they are totaly worth it and work brilliantly.

I am bit of a perfectionist so porbably didnt find the quality to be top notch but for something than can be bought for a cost of CD and the fact that you never ever need to change CD's is amazing and thing of the future.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom