Cd player temp^ error message

lala4506

Reaction score

I have recently noticed when my CD is playing in my car it gets really hot, and then yesterday it stopped and the error message came up on the screen, dashboard sayin "TEMP^". Which Im guessing is saying the temperature of the CD is high?

How do I stop this from happening? Or what is wrong why is it getting hot? Do I need a replacement head unit?

Appreciate any help thanks!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Hello and welcome, what is the car and the music system please

OP
L

lala4506

Reaction score
The car is C200 Kompressor Sports Coupe, and its the standard factory fitted music system

ernieh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi Q2 Sport, 2022, 1.5 Petrol
Head Unit Temp Warning

Probably not much help or consolation, but my C200 Komp, 54 Plate Facelift had the same problem during a long run South. Initially, my MB garage thought it might just be due to the time the unit had been running, but on testing, they decided it was faulty and replaced it under Warranty.

As it was done under Warranty, I have no idea of the cost to replace, but probably not cheap!

Hope this helps,

Ernie

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
There was a mod for this, there was a fan-unit fitted to the rear of the unit for cooling, thats going back a few years now tho!!

CMR

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203 C240
Just to add I have the same problem. (2001 w203). Probably best not to play bought cds just in case, I tend to do copies for the car if possible. Interested in any details for that mod though...

OP
L

lala4506

Reaction score
Yeah I tend to not use bought CDs anyway..really annoying, was during the hot weather mostly last week, hasn't happened since, but I was noticeing how hot they were when removing them, almost too hot to touch, knew that couldnt be normal.

Mine is second hand so warranty idea would have been first port of call if it applied..shame

MOT is due in the next few weeks, might ask what they reckon, or perhaps I am better off not mentioning it before they try and fix it and charge me an arm and a leg!

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom