Central Locking and Radio stopped working...??

Tao

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
G500/2002/V8
What is Canada like for rusting the cars ??
Do you feel confident in looking inside the top light unit at the top of the front windscreen ?

I live in eastern Canada, so sadly very efficient at rusting cars...
you mean from within the car? the top lighting assembly in the middle? What should I be looking for? Rust?
s-l300.jpg

Tao

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
G500/2002/V8
Yes. Do you feel confident in prising the light unit off. Look for any moisture/water ingress.

I checked it every is dry and no sign of moisture or rust.

I'm to trace the path of the signal, is there a Central locking system module somewhere? Is there a connector that could be loose?

I'm if the keys are working correctly. I can lock and unlock all door from inside the car using the central lock/unlock button. It means that each door control module is working properly, so it has to be something in between the antenna to doors.

BTW thank you very much for all your help so far.

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
I am happy to see you were able to check.
Did you see any wire which looks like a TV cable?

Tao

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
G500/2002/V8
I am happy to see you were able to check.
Did you see any wire which looks like a TV cable?

Yes There a thin cable that look like a smaller version of a coaxial cable taht connect the roof antenna and seems to go toward the windscreen antenna (which is suppose to be the one that capture the keyfob signal.

mattkh

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A160 W168 1999 1.6
Please put up a picture of that cable and area around it.

Moby2005

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 avantgarde
Just ask if you are not sure ans I can give you idea's for quick testing
Hi

I have a c220 cdi 2005 . I don’t drive the car often and the battery went dead, I got a jump start on the car to charge the battery but realised radio stations have gone and both the key fobs only work when positioned next to to the driver door handle.
It was working perfectly fine prior to this , I have checked the fuses under the bonnet positioned top left hand side and the side driver door side panel also and find none of the fuses are blown.

Please can you assist as what it possibly could be or is this a job for a garage ?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Antenna amplifier has failed.
The remote key fobs share the radio antenna which then goes into an amplifier before being directed to the rear SAM and onwards onto the CAN bus.
If the amplifier fails you get that symptom. If it's not that then possibly the rear SAM (which is more expensive).

Might be worth checking the rear fusebox in the boot.

Moby2005

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 avantgarde
Antenna amplifier has failed.
The remote key fobs share the radio antenna which then goes into an amplifier before being directed to the rear SAM and onwards onto the CAN bus.
If the amplifier fails you get that symptom. If it's not that then possibly the rear SAM (which is more expensive).

Might be worth checking the rear fusebox in the boot.
I have a fuse box under the bonnet top left corner and one by the driver door side, is there another one in the boot area? I did have a look but could not notice one .

Moby2005

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 avantgarde
View attachment 71826

It may be opposite as the LHD and RHD cars are sometimes reversed.
Hi
Thank you for that . I replaced the number 8 fuse with 7.5 amp fuse and kept blowing , thankfully mate recommended using a 10 amp fuse and the radio and key fob are back to normal . Thanks for all the advice everyone .

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom