Central Locking Woes C250 TD Estate

combub

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C250/1997/2.5
I have a P Reg Mercedes C250 Turbo Diesel Estate, the central locking is not working properly. I have 2 keys, one is broken and the other one I think is going to brake (not the actual metal key but the plastic button unit). I will now try and explain what is wrong with my central locking:

When you press the button on the key the two front doors lock, sometimes also one of the back doors will lock but most of the time I have to do this manually.
When you press the internal central locking button in the car on the dash, all the doors lock without a problem.
Pressing the button on the key fob is intermittently working or the receiver is the problem, when you press the button nothing happens and you have to manually open the driver’s door and put the key in the ignition to turn the alarm off which sometimes sounds and sometimes doesn’t.
Today I had a suspicion about the boot lock, the key does not go into the boot look something is stopping it going in also when I have managed to lock all four doors the boot remains unlocked.

Can you help or give advice about who to go to or what to do? Is this sounding expensive is the other question?

I'm no mechanic and only recently in the past month bought my first mercedes which I love but just having a few teething problems.

Dec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
Change the batteries in the key fob first of all… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvP_CDMAuks …you need 2 X 3v Lithium Coin type Battery CR2025, observe that the are replaced in the same order that the came out of the key fob.

Your boot lock is seized due to lack of use as the key is never used to open it.
Open the boot lid and flood the lock key hole with WD40 or a Penetrating oil and frequently work the key in the lock to free up the seized lock, keep the boot lid open so as to allow oil to drain into the lock barrel properly.

See also… http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/showthread.php?t=53189

Dec

dieselman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A diesel
Check for split pipes in the air system. The door hinge area is prone to splitting pipes and also the vacuum diaphragms that operate the locks.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
As above, ^^ how long does the pump run for, should be no more than 5 seconds

Top Bottom