Chasing service history

zimmercrazy

Reaction score
Hello

I have seen a C220 Coupe I like but it is a finance repossesion and it has no service history with the car as the previous owner isnt forthcoming.

Should I walk away or put in some leg work and try and chase the service history somehow? :confused:

If so what is the best way to approach this? Do Mercedes Benz hold this information centrally and if so who do I contact.

Cheers

AndrewIles

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLK 55 AMG
If you can get the VIN number a Merc dealer should be able to see if it has been serviced within their network.

If you can't find out the history I'd walk away.

davidC200K

Reaction score
Chances are that if the previous owner did not keep up the finance its very unlikely that they had the thing serviced. I have had my fingers burned before in similar circumstances. Personally I'd walk away.

OP
Z

zimmercrazy

Reaction score
Managed to track the history with my local dealer they were very helpful and supplied the car to the last owner in November

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
Chances are that if the previous owner did not keep up the finance its very unlikely that they had the thing serviced. I have had my fingers burned before in similar circumstances. Personally I'd walk away.

Very wise David. For the previous owner to go from purchase in November last year, to use, to getting into financial difficulties, to repossession is not a happy story. I am sure others must have done it faster, but not much.

The point is well made that the guy had more to worry about than car care. However, how much opportunity did he have to foul things up?

If it takes your fancy, certainly go through the usual due diligence on buying any car, but as a repo it may well represent an excellent bargain.

You are going into this with your eyes open. You pays your money, you takes your chance .........

OP
Z

zimmercrazy

Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments guys.
Like you say I am trying to go in with my eyes WIDE open. At the price it is it is worth a look, so if its not for me no harm done apart from a couple of hours of my time lost and then back to the search.......

Cheers

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom