OP
alexanderfoti

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W221 S65 AMG - W204 C63 AMG + Various other MB's
To finish up, a suitable amount of compensation has been paid, after months of chasing.

The mileage has also been corrected. Not ideal but it is what it is.

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
To finish up, a suitable amount of compensation has been paid, after months of chasing.

The mileage has also been corrected. Not ideal but it is what it is.

By the seller? Or HPI guarantee?

OP
alexanderfoti

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
fyi:
The HPI Guarantee does not cover the vehicle’s descriptive information (including import status), mileage, value, V5 registration document checks, or if the loss has arisen as a result of a fraudulent transaction.

fabes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E400 Coupe
Be interested to know what is actually 'covered' by their guarantee and service then. I just told someone ensure they did HPI a car their are looking at this weekend, presuming that's exactly what they would be getting

Glad you have resolution and compensation in your case at least though.

Oh, and a rather nice car.....:cool:

OP
alexanderfoti

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Be interested to know what is actually 'covered' by their guarantee and service then. I just told someone ensure they did HPI a car their are looking at this weekend, presuming that's exactly what they would be getting

Glad you have resolution and compensation in your case at least though.

Oh, and a rather nice car.....:cool:

It does seem to be rather vague, but it seems it would only cover the car not showing as written off when it was....

Thanks on both fronts, fighting for it was not easy! :)

bob 6600

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Audi S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
It does seem to be rather vague, but it seems it would only cover the car not showing as written off when it was....

Thanks on both fronts, fighting for it was not easy! :)

I guess that's what most of the clockers bank on, the buyer taking it on the chin

OP
alexanderfoti

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes

Submariner1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500 2009 5.5
fyi:
The HPI Guarantee does not cover the vehicle’s descriptive information (including import status), mileage, value, V5 registration document checks, or if the loss has arisen as a result of a fraudulent transaction.

Blimey, I am pretty shocked.
Isn't that what we laymen buy it for ... to give us peace of mind, things are as they are suppossed to be!

I only did my Mickey mouse reconciliation work ( you know a timeline of mileage from official MB services, and any repair work invoices in the interim periods, matching MOT mileages, and ownership changes; and the run rate of annual mileages for the previous owner. )
as a sort of belt and braces check.
I was also lucky in that, he had 2 private plate changes recorded at the DVLA with mileages. And the mileage and time all stacked up.

I think the only time it could have potentially been clocked was in the 2 first years, between the annual services .. but then would an original owner who paid £98,000 really do this? Plus the annual mileage in those years was pretty consistent with say a documented year ( i.e. An Mot, and main dealer service, a repair bill and a private plate change with recorded mileage at the DVLA.)

God I really hate dishonest people!

Glad you got some compensation Alex.

dashdoctors

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220
An old post I know but for anyone reading now the ezs showing 999999 is clear evidence that the vehicle has had the mileage altered.
It is the lazy mans option for this type of vehicle where the Ezs mileage is pushed upto 999999 because this is where it stops counting (can be done via OBD port) this then enables them to alter the mileage in the eprom of the dash clocks to the mileage required which will not subsequently jump back to the ezs mileage after 100-300km because the ezs has now stopped counting.
The further evidence of history markers in the assyst module are also clear red flags that it has been adjusted.

OP
alexanderfoti

alexanderfoti

MBO Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
An old post I know but for anyone reading now the ezs showing 999999 is clear evidence that the vehicle has had the mileage altered.
It is the lazy mans option for this type of vehicle where the Ezs mileage is pushed upto 999999 because this is where it stops counting (can be done via OBD port) this then enables them to alter the mileage in the eprom of the dash clocks to the mileage required which will not subsequently jump back to the ezs mileage after 100-300km because the ezs has now stopped counting.
The further evidence of history markers in the assyst module are also clear red flags that it has been adjusted.
Thanks for the confirmation, but Holy old thread revival batman!

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom