Chipping and mapping

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
and for the record, yes, ive had a really bad day!

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
A horsebox in front of you for a few miles traveling within +/ - 20% of the speed limit, is gonna cost you nothing.

If you drive, like you type on the forum ................ 2 things could happen ............... 1) you could cause an accident, through your impatients, and bad judgement .............. 2) you'll have a coronory !! ......... :)

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
A horsebox in front of you for a few miles traveling within +/ - 20% of the speed limit, is gonna cost you nothing.

If you drive, like you type on the forum ................ 2 things could happen ............... 1) you could cause an accident, through your impatients, and bad judgement .............. 2) you'll have a coronory !! ......... :)

the ones im talking about are the ones travelling at 25mph on a 60mph road for mile after mile.have you ever driven around here much? farmers with sheep in trailers or on tractors and never pull in as legally required to do are as bad! For the record, my heart is fine and my judgement has, to date, been fine too, probably due in part to race experience and having driven everything my licence allows me to from tiny little cars, to porsches and e type jags, through to 7.5 tonne trucks (35 footers, the biggest you can get!) and just about anything you can mention in between. i started driving on private ground when i was 10 (jcb loading shovel, 15 tonne bucket!), and had driven brand new cars by age 13

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
Yep !, in and out of Maryport quite often ................ Although I prefer the train for that journey, as there's too many horse boxes in the way round there .............. :)

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
try working through an agency for an attempt at making a living then. if the job isnt done as the client specifies, then they just ring the agency and have you relaced. then im out of a job and someone else has the same problem. do it or lose the job. see where im coming from? what would you prefer to do in this situation? do the job, no matter how hard you have to push, or lose your home? im afraid its push hard and do the job for me, no matter how much the horsebox, tractor driving caravan towing fraternity hate me for it. or others on the road for that matter. its my home thats at risk, not theirs

bollidear

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350e but not for long.....
I'm looking at this Pro Bitz item that claims the earth in terms of performance upgrade at only £99.00 Does anyone know anything about it, have any comments or recommendations, or any insight as to how a plug in module that intercepts the common rail pressure sensor can boost power by 30%, torque by 40% and ecomomy by 15%.

Strangely the guy has perfect feedback seling these to Merc owners, so somebody must be impressed....

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....9&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123#ht_4631wt_859

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
Straight plug and play chips, would not be my prefered option .......... one size does not fit all ............... there's plenty of good re-mappers out there............. and 2 that frequent this forum............... it'll cost you more, but could save you in the long run !

bollidear

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C350e but not for long.....
Well, the unit has been installed now for a couple of weeks. Verdict is that economy is improved. A 1100 mile round trip from Kent to Scotland last week, with a week in Edinburgh centre, averaged 51mpg. Power is definately up - traction control kicks in everytime accelerator is floored (thats after the snow & ice btw). I've yet to get a stopwatch on the 0-60, but seems better. Without a dyno, I'm not so confident that the 20-30% increase on torque/power was achieved, but its definately a way towards that figure - and 51mpg is certainly not a bad return for town/motorway driving.

David-Butter

Reaction score
Website
www.sntuning.com
Your Mercedes
mercedes CLS 320CDI , landrover discovery 3.0 twin turbo and Ferrari F430 Scud
I was made aware that this type of product fit to the fuel rail sensor a "fools" the vehicle into adding more fuel without other changes such as turbo pressure and injector timing or engine timing (not sure) ?

It seems that most talk about these products on forums ect is frowned upon and often said to be inferior to remapping and genuine tuning upgrades.

Please correct me if im wrong.

David-Butter

Reaction score
Website
www.sntuning.com
Your Mercedes
mercedes CLS 320CDI , landrover discovery 3.0 twin turbo and Ferrari F430 Scud
update

a Tuning box chanages fueling and only fueling. Meaning more smoke and overfueling.

The gent next door has a Audi A6 2.0 TDI the thing throws smoke everywhere he has now removed (all Back to normal) an awaiting a remap.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I was made aware that this type of product fit to the fuel rail sensor a "fools" the vehicle into adding more fuel without other changes such as turbo pressure and injector timing or engine timing (not sure) ?

It seems that most talk about these products on forums ect is frowned upon and often said to be inferior to remapping and genuine tuning upgrades.

Please correct me if im wrong.

Indeed that is correct, a re map is the correct and only way to do it

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom