Chipping and mapping

PGM

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C200cdi sport estate (2009)
I would like some advice.
I have a new C200 CDI sport and tow a caravan. I am contemplating having the car "mapped" as the MB Brabus chip is a second mortgage. Also I am not enamoured with my MB dealer.
The reported extra 45BHP and economy appear attractive. has any one experience with this especially a new car. Many thanks in advance.
Peter

type49

Reaction score
Sounds like you should have bought a C220Cdi to start with.

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
I'd like to dis-agree ... perhaps I should have bought a C200 ..... and then have a re, map ........... I would have saved thousands !!!

J

John15

Fitted a Chip Express plug in unit to my 200cdi and now achieve 220cdi performance and 51mpg on the motorway for £400.

sprinternut

Reaction score
I would like some advice.
I have a new C200 CDI sport and tow a caravan. I am contemplating having the car "mapped" as the MB Brabus chip is a second mortgage. Also I am not enamoured with my MB dealer.
The reported extra 45BHP and economy appear attractive. has any one experience with this especially a new car. Many thanks in advance.
Peter

Try CCC technology-did my old shape sprinter when i didn't think it possible and the results are quite amazing.

He also did my mates sprinter and my wife's rover on the same day.

The proprietor, Simon Coe also instilled confidence-I trusted that he knew what he was doing and he did an excellent job.Cost £275...money well spent

mikestrivens

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
1995 W124 320TE, 1998 R129 SL500, 2016 Triumph Tiger 800 XCx
I hope you've told your insurance companies.

GCLTuning

Banned
Reaction score
Website
www.gcltuning.co.uk
Hello there,

The c200 CDI (2009) is currently unable to be remapped via software/OBD. The codes are still being cracked and the checksumm is being worked on in Germany. We estimate the protocol to be out in 6-12 months.

We are currently putting tuning boxes on these engine for our customers. We have had some fantastic results with gains of 35 BHP, 70 NM of torque and on average 4-6 MPG better.

It is certainly worth thinking about, but it just comes down to the product you are after...whether its more a software based remap which is fully custom and is 'tweakable' or a tuning box which is remote and can also be removed.

Hope that might help!

Kind Regards

GCL

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
C class is fine for towing a caravan if it's within the limits ....and is loaded correctly. Both 203 & 204's !!

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
I see cars, daily on the motorways towing vans, badly loaded ....... this year see's more new vanners than in many previous .................. I get very worried by some of the outfits I see.

Having said that, overturned vans amount to less than .05% of road blockages on motorways ............... before anyone starts ............. LOL

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
I see cars, daily on the motorways towing vans, badly loaded ....... this year see's more new vanners than in many previous .................. I get very worried by some of the outfits I see.

Having said that, overturned vans amount to less than .05% of road blockages on motorways ............... before anyone starts ............. LOL

and between caravans, horseboxes and tractors, they account for 100% of the hold ups in the lake district and cumbria off the motorways/dual carriageways (caused by motor vehicles anyhow!) im going to stop now before i go into a full blown rant!:shock::shock::shock:

Alex M Grieve

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
B Class d200 Sport Premium Plus (66)
and between caravans, horseboxes and tractors, they account for 100% of the hold ups in the lake district and cumbria off the motorways/dual carriageways (caused by motor vehicles anyhow!) im going to stop now before i go into a full blown rant!:shock::shock::shock:

Don't hold back Pete - it's not good for you. Plus, I am sure you have more kindred spirits out here than you would think! ;)

rf065

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SLC300 - C250d Estate 4 Matic & Z900rs

Why stop there, everytime I get stuck in a line of painfully slow moving traffic, there is a bus or heavy lorry at the front.

Russ

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Don't hold back Pete - it's not good for you. Plus, I am sure you have more kindred spirits out here than you would think! ;)

they just really p*** me off coz whenever theres a accident, cops always blame speed and then the cameras are out in extra numbers! never mind the a***holes that hold us up for mile after mile at a snails pace without the decency (mostly) to pull over and let others past! then people get frustrated and try to overtake in silly places. its as much LACK of speed as speed that causes accidents, if not moreso! when im working, it annoys me even more! they may have all day to get where theyre going. i dont! when im working i can be running to tight schedules etc that must be adhered to! if you cant travel at a reasonable pace (within 10mph of the speed limit) including corners (not 10mph at every corner you get to just coz your towing a horse) get the f*** off the road!

there you go Alex! i do feel better for it though. rant over! i think! :shock::shock::shock:

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280

Good.........................

tony2311

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W203/2002/270cdi
(not 10mph at every corner you get to just coz your towing a horse) get the f*** off the road!:

We have to go slow as not to unsettle the horse. my horse is thousand times more important then you getting to your destination 5 minutes earlier

mike08

New Registration
Reaction score
C200 Brabus Chip

I have a C200 CDI Sport Auto which currently produces 136HP, I have just ordered a Brabus chip from my local MB dealer, it gets fitted next week. Has anyone fitted a chip to their C200 and what do they think of any improvement on power, torque and economy ?

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
We have to go slow as not to unsettle the horse. my horse is thousand times more important then you getting to your destination 5 minutes earlier

not to me when my job relies on getting to the drops by a certain time. if your horse is so unsteady on its feet, then perhaps you need to find a more suitable time/method of transporting it

*Thumper

Banned
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C220 CDi (09)
And equally, you should give enough time for the journey, including some slack in case there's vehicles travelling slower than you on the road .................

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
And equally, you should give enough time for the journey, including some slack in case there's vehicles travelling slower than you on the road .................

I WOULD if it was ME planning the routes and the drop times. but its not. its some clown in an office routing up on a computer. bottom line though is that if it cant be transported at a reasonable pace, please dont put my job in jeopardy because of it. work around here is scarce enough and the pay is even poorer. why should i lose what little i have just because a horse cant stand in a trailer coz its got legs like bambi? are the horse owners going to pay my bills, mortgage etc? i doubt it. so how about using some common sense? or has that gone out the window too?

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom