Chrome strip coming off

roop_the_loop

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E220 CDI BlueEff SE, 7G auto, estate (S212), 2012
One of the chrome (or whatever) strips at the back of my S212 is sticking out from one end. It's the strip that sits between the rear window and the licence plate, horizontally across the back. I noticed the other day that one end has come loose and is now sticking out slightly; I think one of the 'pins' that attach it to the body has come off.

Is this likely to be covered by warranty? (The car is 1 year old.) I think it should be, as it's clearly just poorly built. No doubt the dealer will try to argue that it's natural wear & tear, or that I've done something to rip it off (I haven't, nor has there been any external impact etc. to it). I don't want to raise it at the next service if they then charge me £ hundreds to stick it back on, I'll rather do it myself with a bit of blue tack... :)

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
The clips for holding these strips cost pennies from MB and dead easy to fit

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom