Cigarette lighter fuse

j33per

Reaction score
Website
www.j33per.com
Hi, I have a Dec 2003 320CDi Estate and the cigarette lighter hasn't worked ever since I've owned the vehicle (2005). I now would like to charge my iPhone from it and think the fuse has blown. Unfortunately, there is no fuse list in or near the fusebox as stated in the manual. Could anyone please tell me which fuse I should be looking for. Your help would be very much appreciated! Many thanks.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I can help you if you cannot find the chart,,it should be in the inside of the fuse box at the end of the dash or in with the tools

OP
J

j33per

Reaction score
Website
www.j33per.com
I have looked everywhere for the chart but can't find it. So if you would be able to help, that'd be much appreciated!

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
Is that a W211 E class or 210?

If W211 then the fuse is under the bonnet, remove the rubber flap on the drivers side at the base of the screen there is a fuse box in there, its a 5 amp check them all with a multi meter if you can but from memory its on the left side as you look at the box from the front. Two blue together and I think its the bottom one of the 2
jib

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Fuse 54a in front box or 54b

harpersimon

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2015 A200 AMG line
I'll concur with this - there is no chart in mine and I had to locate the same fuse by essentially pulling them until I found a blown one. I managed to drop a metal object into the cigar lighter and fuse it
under the bonnet, driver side, about 3rd or 4th one in from right and a pain in the butt to get at.

jibcl500

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500,ML55,SLK280
I find most of my customers use the cig light for chargers etc and then coins fall inside the lighter, usually 5p coins and the fuse blows.
A multimeter is easier for checking the fuses.

jib

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
and then coins fall inside the lighter, usually 5p coins

yup, usually coins. i did see a w203 with a burnt out loom where a 'fake' 15a fuse had been fitted - oh dear! and when i say fake i just mean that it did not blow at 15a like it should, but insted cooked the relevent wires with perhaps 40a!! there have been several cases of these fake blade fuses apparently, watch out for the 15a and 20a ones.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
yup, usually coins. i did see a w203 with a burnt out loom where a 'fake' 15a fuse had been fitted - oh dear! and when i say fake i just mean that it did not blow at 15a like it should, but insted cooked the relevent wires with perhaps 40a!! there have been several cases of these fake blade fuses apparently, watch out for the 15a and 20a ones.

We had a time last year where we were flooded with fake semiconductors that measured cold perfectly,as soon as you put them in they blew

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
a friend works for an electrical goods wholesaler and importer. they have large warehousing and many products. among their stock he identified these 20a blade fuses that would go up to 50a and more before blowing! this was several years ago, but every now and then he finds a few more hidden away that have been missed!! i suspect his non technical management keep rescuing them out the bin to save a few quid. the damage caused by incorrect fusing can be huge - potentially loss of life. he has also discovered mains plugs that the covers come off when you try to pull them from a socket, and irons wired with cables that were so underrated they got hot. he has been over to china to liase with some manufacturers over there and found it quite eye opening, no health and safety and no understanding of their product - just high volume production with all the corners cut.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom