CL500 bonnet stuck

Noelmc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500/2005/4966
Well it was MOT time on Tuesday, wasn’t expecting anything nasty. Wasn’t waiting more than 5 minutes when was asked by the tester if I had ever had a problem opening the bonnet, dam thing was stuck. Rang Phil at Welwynmerx to see if he could suggest anything, got the tester to try pulling the cable with a mole grip by the release handle, no joy, Test abandoned!
(Pulling the cable, pressing on the bonnet, only popped on the drivers side).
Went home and was upside down embedded in the footwell with the phone as a torch, when I heard Phils voice going hello hello, I’d dumb dialled Phil whilst I was upside Down!
So it’s off to Phil @ Welwynmerx next week so he can fiddle with it (and hopefully sort an MOT).
And there was me late last year saying the old girl had been behaving herself!

Xtractorfan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
S class
Can't see why he couldn't have done the rest of the test and given you a day or so to get the bonnet cable sorted. Under bonnet is just a visual, and I've never heard of a car being turned down for an under bonnet fault... loose battery maybe, but yours is I assume in the boot.

Craiglxviii

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
970 Panamera Turbo; W221 S500L AMG Line, C215 CL500, W251 R350L AMG Line, plus several more now gone
OP
N

Noelmc

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CL500/2005/4966
Bonnet sorted by Phil at Welwynmerx, all new cables fitted, also an mot, failed on a osf lower ball joint, so Phil fitted a new lower suspension spring arm.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom