1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CL500 C215 door mirror trim sourcing

Discussion in 'Bodywork, Tyres, Wheels & Trim' started by Craiglxviii, Sep 10, 2015.

1. Craiglxviii

Craiglxviii Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    W215 CL500 Motorway Queen; W251 R320L Familybenz, S211 E320 Avg Designo Edition now sadly missed.
    Hi guys,

On my newly-acquired 'W-reg CL500, the list of small jobs continues to grow. Latest is the door mirror gaskets/ trim, the rubber part that the front door glass runs up into/ On mine, the passenger window has "sliced" into this trim. I have 2 choices...

1. Glue a strip of innertube or the like over the slit (a temporary fix);
    2. (my preferred option) Replace the trim.

I believe the correct part nos are:

215-727-05-30 (LHS)
    215-727-06-30 (RHS)

Can anyone please point me in the direction where these can be sourced at less than eye-watering prices please?

Also, the trim rubber (looks like a strip that is bonded?) that covers the door to mirror-base join is coming off. Can this just be bonded back on, or does it need replacing too?

As always, all replies are very welcome.

2. television

television Always remembered RIP

Your Mercedes:
    2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
    This is one part that I would advise you not to skimp on, if you try and patch it up, it will throw the window out of line and damage the door seal. With a new one it will be quiet again.

If you need to set the glass up, I have the instructions.

[​IMG]