1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CL500: Keyless Go and Bi-Xenon problems

Discussion in 'Electrics, Vacuum, Ignition and ECU' started by Lexman8, May 30, 2013.

1. Lexman8

Lexman8 Active Senior Members

Your Mercedes:
    CL500 (2001): Distronic, Bose, Keyless Go; Honda CR-V EX (2011)
    Hi,
    I've just got a 2001 CL500 that has beeen unused for some time.

• Using the Keycard I can unlock the doors by touching the door handle and can start the car with the gearstick button. However on exiting the car I can't lock it using either of the door buttons nor the one on the boot lid. Any suggestions?

• On dipped beam the light output is next to useless and the 2 dipped xenons are slightly different colours. Does the light quality change/fade with age on these or is there some other problem? Also, what does bi-xenon actually mean? I assumed it meant that the (inner) main beam lights would also be xenon but these are clearly just normal halogen.
    Many thanks.

2. whitenemesis

whitenemesis Senior Member

Your Mercedes:
    CLS55 AMG '05
    Can't help with the keyless go but the xenons, yes, the output deteriorates with age. Bi-xenon means the xenon unit can supply both dipped and high beam by using a movable shield to create the dipped beam pattern. Generally the second pair of headlights are halogen as xenons don't like being 'flashed".

Last edited: May 30, 2013