CL500 paint code

Roadtoad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2000 W215 CL500, W168 CDI170
Could anyone tell me the colour of my newly aquired CL from the VIN plate ? The No is WDB2153752A009935. Thank You

OP
Roadtoad

Roadtoad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks Toby, thats great I wonder what the 801 technical modifications are ? Intriguing. I thought it may have had keyless as its got the sensor pads on the handles but there is no card with it. The disc for the command centre is missing too. There is a CL breakers near me I wonder if they will have the parts. Thanks again

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
No keyless go on that car, you are probably looking at the IR sensor windows, keyless go cars also have a button on the gear shift, they were well appointed car anyway

OP
Roadtoad

Roadtoad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thats a bit of a mystery, I didnt think they had the keyless option back in 2000. But it has the button on the shifter as well as the sensors on the handles and according to the VIN print out its down there as an option too, how odd.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Does it have keyless go down on the data sheet, if it has the start button on the gear shift and the square button in the handles then it has keyless go.

The cards cost £150 from mercedes and they have to be programmed to the car, you just leave the card in the car and join up to STAR and it codes the key, it all takes about 15 mins

Miffy

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320 CAB Elegance C208
my EPC also shows SA 889 keyless Go I get a different paint though, I see 347u Blue Quartz Metallic

OP
Roadtoad

Roadtoad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Hi Miffy yes I read another thread and somebody was saying that chalcedony blue and quartz blue are the same colour !!! Nothing like confusion

OP
Roadtoad

Roadtoad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
It has keyless go on the data sheet option 889, the sensors on the handles the button on the gear stick but no card. If they are £150 from merc and they programme them in I think I will defo get one. I might need a new passenger side door handle though as its been damaged but you can still see the sensor. I suppose it would still work for the drivers side in any case...

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Yes the drivers side should still work, and the car should start, they have individual amps in each side for the keyless go, new handles were about £150 for these, some come painted but it depends on the stock, you could be lucky with your colour, plenty being broken these days.

OP
Roadtoad

Roadtoad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks TV, the handle is half blue but just chrome would suit as a replacement. Do you know of any info on how to remove the passenger side door card on a CL W215 ?

OP
Roadtoad

Roadtoad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ah Tonybubble Ive seen your name on an invoice, small world !

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Take the end plate off the door, and you will see a hole for a torx driver, undo the screw in the end of the handle and it will pull back and out.

I have the exact paper if you wish to have it

OP
Roadtoad

Roadtoad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
After further research I have now found out that some cars dont have cards but smart keys. I think mine is the latter. There are two keys, both are chrome and black. Each one has a small red light which pulses when you press one of the three functions. Nothing happens when you press the pad on the car handle with the keys in range, so entry has to be made by pressing the unlock button on the fob. Once in the car I have tried the keyless go feature by pressing the shifter button, pressing the footbrake first and a message comes up saying chip card not recognised. If I assume that the keys are indeed smart keys then the problem might be on the car as neither keyless go or entry are working. Q Is there a transmitter box under the rear seat that needs re setting ? or is it something to do with putting the key into the ignition and pressing one of the fob buttons to reset it that way ? or is it a case of taking the car for star diagnosis ?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
After further research I have now found out that some cars dont have cards but smart keys. I think mine is the latter. There are two keys, both are chrome and black. Each one has a small red light which pulses when you press one of the three functions. Nothing happens when you press the pad on the car handle with the keys in range, so entry has to be made by pressing the unlock button on the fob. Once in the car I have tried the keyless go feature by pressing the shifter button, pressing the footbrake first and a message comes up saying chip card not recognised. If I assume that the keys are indeed smart keys then the problem might be on the car as neither keyless go or entry are working. Q Is there a transmitter box under the rear seat that needs re setting ? or is it something to do with putting the key into the ignition and pressing one of the fob buttons to reset it that way ? or is it a case of taking the car for star diagnosis ?

If there is only 1 battery in the key then yes, 2 batteries then no, I do not believe the keyless go keys started till 2003, before then 2 cards and two normal keys were provided, the chrome key did not come out till about 2008 ish, so they must be new keys

OP
Roadtoad

Roadtoad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks TV, I have looked at the keys, one is very new with no wear and has 1 battery, the other older key has 2 batteries. So assuming the older key is also a replacement, if chrome keys didnt appear before 2008 then both must be replacements and I need to get a card. I need to get Sherlock Holmes to investigate.

tonybubble

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
430 CLK Convertible x2
Thanks TV, I have looked at the keys, one is very new with no wear and has 1 battery, the other older key has 2 batteries. So assuming the older key is also a replacement, if chrome keys didnt appear before 2008 then both must be replacements and I need to get a card. I need to get Sherlock Holmes to investigate.

I bought a new key, Mike as there was only one when I bought the car. The casing was replaced on the original at the same time. I think that a MB dealer will order a keyless card for you for a modest fee! ;);)

OP
Roadtoad

Roadtoad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Ah right, I should have asked you in the first place Tony but I wasnt sure if you were the ex owner or just the guy at the garage also called Tony that worked on it. Haha, the world is getting smaller and smaller

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom