CL55 Battery flat in 7 days How long should it last?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
So far my SL500 has not displayed any of the steering oddities,, but there was a 3 year gap before the 230 came out

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
i suspect this curious steering anomaly could be related to esp function. if the puddle was deep enough for the wheel to aquaplane then it would quickly loose rotational speed. the esp will see that this wheel speed drops but the brake pedal is not depressed, therefore it tries to correct the percieved vehicle skid. this theory is not entirely water tight as it also has the yaw rate and lateral acceleration sensors - obviously steering angle too - but i believe this is exactly what happens.

i myself have had esp try to pull me off the road, the car was in with an esp fault and i drove it immediately after erasing a wheel speed sensor fault. the system realised something was wrong, but not untill after it had used the n/s brakes to try to kill me! felt like it was dragging the steering wheel from my hand, but has no actual control over steering, just individual brakes and throttle.

naturally MB are totally unaware of this problem.

turbopete

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2017 '17' Ford Mondeo 2.0TDCi ST Line X 180 (sorry)
So far my SL500 has not displayed any of the steering oddities,, but there was a 3 year gap before the 230 came out

but does yours know what a puddle is? :rolleyes::rolleyes::shock::shock::lol::lol::lol:

OP
C

Cl_a_55y

Reaction score
approaching a tight right hander in pouring rain nearside front wheel went rhro' a puddle about 10-15cm deep and the steering just froze for a second.. simply could not turn the steering wheel and was heading for the woods...

That sounds like a problem I saw regularly in my BMW 535i Sport. It was caused by the water splashing or spraying up onto the power steering belts and then slipping and losing power steering for a few seconds hence the extra heavy steering.

My RS Cosworth did it occasionally too, again only when splashing through heavy surface water in the lanes near where I lived. Quite unnerving though I admit.

It has never happened to me in my 2003 CL55 in 3 years driving and I am always driving on windy country lanes with lots of surface water. Admittedly I rarely see 4"-6" deep streams, brooks or rivers across the road though! :lol:

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom