Cla220d sporadic acceleration issue

Harrym2457

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLA220d night plus 2018
Hey!
Had a CLA220d 2018 for a few months now, but been having this strange issue randomly since ownership.

Issue:
Occasional acceleration issue where the car feels as if it can't disengage gear/stops accelerating.
Seems to trigger if accelerating hard after driving at a consistent speed for a while.. For example going from a 50 to 70 or accelating to overtake and quickly get up to speed with the cars in the overtaking lane behind.

The car drops the gear, accelerates, and then gets to a point where if feels like it would change up, but then the revs hold/engine stops delivering power and the car severely judders til I release the gas. It can be quite dangerous as the car suddenly stops accelerating whilst it has this 'spasm'.

Initial thoughts was a clutch issue, almost as if it's slipping and not disengaging properly, but today when this happened again, I was overtaking and looking out the rearview mirror, I also noticed a thick burst of white smoke out the rear window as it did the 'judder'.. So could this also suggest it might be a fuel injection issue or something?

Slightly concerning. I'm trying to capture it happening on video, but it's very random when it occurs..

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
Hey!
Had a CLA220d 2018 for a few months now, but been having this strange issue randomly since ownership.

Issue:
Occasional acceleration issue where the car feels as if it can't disengage gear/stops accelerating.
Seems to trigger if accelerating hard after driving at a consistent speed for a while.. For example going from a 50 to 70 or accelating to overtake and quickly get up to speed with the cars in the overtaking lane behind.

The car drops the gear, accelerates, and then gets to a point where if feels like it would change up, but then the revs hold/engine stops delivering power and the car severely judders til I release the gas. It can be quite dangerous as the car suddenly stops accelerating whilst it has this 'spasm'.

Initial thoughts was a clutch issue, almost as if it's slipping and not disengaging properly, but today when this happened again, I was overtaking and looking out the rearview mirror, I also noticed a thick burst of white smoke out the rear window as it did the 'judder'.. So could this also suggest it might be a fuel injection issue or something?

Slightly concerning. I'm trying to capture it happening on video, but it's very random when it occurs..

Any thoughts?

Cheers!
2018 car , immediately return it to the dealer ?

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom