Classics

lloydhunter1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Mercedes l406d 1975 coach built camper
what can I do to my classic camper without loosing its value could I re'spray it a different colour or would that be ruining the originality of it and I wanted to fully re apholster it ?

Jimbo1959

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
VW Scirocco. The Quattro, E350 CDi Blue Efficiency Sport Coupe, now both gone
what can I do to my classic camper without loosing its value could I re'spray it a different colour or would that be ruining the originality of it and I wanted to fully re apholster it ?

Personally I'd leave the colour alone and preserve the originality, perhaps get a professional detail done to give it a lift again and make it sparkle.

The upholstery though could be given a sympathetic face lift and new padding without devaluing the van.
My only thought there would be that some people seem to enjoy and even like the patina achieved by an older vehicle.

To me that's all a matter of personal taste. However, it's not mine, my OCD would take over and demand that it looks the best I could either do or afford to get done.

Decisions, decisions..........:rolleyes::rolleyes:

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
In general the more original the higher the value however Jaguar Land Rover are doing very nicely from reconstruction of old classics where they take an old car and completely remanufacture it to as new using new original parts. The key thing here being the cars are totally as they would have been when they left the factory (colours, options, trim etc).

A.J.

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
UnMerc - 2020 VW Polo 2.0t GTi Plus, DSG. Flash Red, Traditional VW GTi Tartan seat trim.

Just remember they are only original once !! :)

OP
L

lloydhunter1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks everyone some really good advice I will keep the colour the same and just give the inside a face lift second question is. As it's a classic and I live in England I don't have to TAX or Mot it which I love and it being a classic I love that too. I was told if I change it too much it won't be a classic anymore is that true ? I found it hard to believe because it's still 1975 ?

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
Thanks everyone some really good advice I will keep the colour the same and just give the inside a face lift second question is. As it's a classic and I live in England I don't have to TAX or Mot it which I love and it being a classic I love that too. I was told if I change it too much it won't be a classic anymore is that true ? I found it hard to believe because it's still 1975 ?
True.
https://www.classicandsportscar.com/features/mot-exemption-changes-2018-13-things-you-need-know

OP
L

lloydhunter1

Reaction score
Your Mercedes

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Thanks that's really helpful ! I will have to regester it asap only thing in the guidelines it didn't say anything about the aesthetics e.g bathroom kitchen cabinets or colour of camper so theoretically I can change that ?
No idea as never done it (and with my cars unlikely I would even in 15 years time).

Top Bottom