Clc door lock

Oliver jennings

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clc2009220
Hi,

I'm hoping somebody could help,

I have just changed my speaker cover in the clc on the drivers door. All went well, apart from now the door does not lock and door warning is not working. I did not remove the locking cable from the door card so I can not see what is the cause of this. It is not possible to push down on the locking knob until I have released the door handle, then it works ok, until unlocking, after unlocking it will not lock via central locking.

Ollie

Last edited:

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I think the locking button on the top is fitted incorrectly, the card will have to come off again, make sure this locking lever is floating in the area allocated for it. It cannot be anything else.

When putting the card back do have someone hold the outside of the door, you have to push the center in as you slide the card down to engage the center catch.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Clearly something has come adrift during assembly/disassembly. You will have to remove the doorcard and check.

OP
O

Oliver jennings

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Clc2009220
I did do the job with someone else. Once we realised it wasn't locking, the door card was removed again, as a result I couldn't see any issues apart from the handle mechanism cable being loose from one of its securing clips. Once putting the card back on there is a clip that looks like it slides into a groove on the actual door, that is in.

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
I will see what I have on the locking later in the day.

The cable unclips very easily from the handle on the door card, I think that you will be best taking that off so that the door can be made to work without the door card on. Not easy is it sometimes ;:(

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom