CLC W203 2009 Radio Upgrade

GML

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLC 220 CDI 2009
Hi.
I’m looking to upgrade my Audio 20 (the one with MP3/Bluetooth) for something with Bluetooth streaming, sat nav etc...

I’ve looked at all of the ones on EBay, but I’m suspicious of the quality and fit.

I came across this site who sell a direct fit oem upgrade with either Windows/Android operating systems.

http://www.mimientertainment.co.uk/...o-DVD-CD-Player-Sat-Nav-iPod-Bluetooth-Stereo

Has anyone tried one of these?

Do you have any better recommendations?

Thanks.

ServerKing

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W251 R350 CDI 4Matic
I'm not too sure. I was thinking of one of these but don't know if it would work properly with the reversing camera or with the monitors at the back. Looks nice though

McDonald

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
SL500 2004
That's really useful information. The Comand unit in my 2004 SL is a charming timecapsule to remind us that electronics have come a long way in recent years. I spent £100 buying the last edition of the SatNav CD, already four years out of date as I bought it over the counter at my Mercedes dealer. No further updates will be released. Innovative features like traffic warnings might save me some frustration and fuel.

The reversing camera option is also an attractive purchase at £90, though fitting costs may make the whole thing prohibitively expensive and I'd be concerned about making holes for a camera. I have been wondering about modernising this facility so I'll investigate further.

OP
G

GML

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLC 220 CDI 2009
Yes, I don’t feel this unit is over expensive based on the second hand market for genuine MB Command units, which as you say are generally old technology now. I have replaced the radio in an older pre facelift W203 in the past, and while not easy, it’s definitely a diy job. I’d like to hear if anyone has fitted one of these though. Thanks for comments so far.

LostKiwi

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
'93 500SL-32, '01 W210 Estate E240 (RIP), 02 R230 SL500, 04 Smart Roadster Coupe, 11 R350CDi
If you want to maintain originality there is probably a Dension add on for your existing head unit.

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom