Clc washer jet problem

Mikewigan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLC 180k sport 3dr Auto
hello people, I've got an issue with the washer jets on my 09 plate clc180, drivers side jet hasn't worked for a few weeks now, passenger side has been fine, so I decided to remove them to see if there was a blockage in the pipes, no problems there as the water is flowing through the pipes when the jet heads are removed, problem now is neither of the jet heads are working when reconnected, I can hear the motor so I don't think the issue is there, the driver side jet does seem to be blocked but as for the passenger side one I'm stumped as it was working this morning and now there is barely a dribble coming out.

Any idea on how to unblock the drivers jet and any ideas on why the passenger side jet won't work now?

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Have you perhaps moved/dislodged the blockage from the driver's side allowing it to block the other side. You need a fine wire from possibly a wire brush, or do you have access to an air line?

OP
M

Mikewigan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLC 180k sport 3dr Auto
Water comes out both nozzles when the jet heads are disconnected so there's no blockage in the line, not got access to an airline. tried sticking a needle in the jet heads but no joy.

EmilysDad

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
ML350
Water comes out both nozzles when the jet heads are disconnected so there's no blockage in the line, not got access to an airline. tried sticking a needle in the jet heads but no joy.

I wasn't suggesting the pipes were blocked, but maybe the nozzles are.
But is the needle/pin slim enough? I have a glue nozzle clearing kit in my locker at work ...... that'd probably work. You might have seen that big place near you with 57 on the side :rolleyes: If you're stuck you're more than welcome to borrow it & I'm in work tomorrow.
Years ago!, on a different car i found the nozzle had rotted underneath (heater had failed & expanded ) so there was more water escaping underneath than exiting the washer nozzle.

OP
M

Mikewigan

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLC 180k sport 3dr Auto
I wasn't suggesting the pipes were blocked, but maybe the nozzles are.
But is the needle/pin slim enough? I have a glue nozzle clearing kit in my locker at work ...... that'd probably work. You might have seen that big place near you with 57 on the side :rolleyes: If you're stuck you're more than welcome to borrow it & I'm in work tomorrow.
Years ago!, on a different car i found the nozzle had rotted underneath (heater had failed & expanded ) so there was more water escaping underneath than exiting the washer nozzle.

Yes the needle is tiny, thanks for the offer, I'll let you know how I get on

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom