Climatronic failure on R320L

Lilobibi

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
R320L/2007/3.0 CDI
Good evening, I am about to buy a R320L (2007, 3.0 CDI) and did a test drive today. Although every electric toy worked well, the climatronic did something funny. The regulator on the left side always jumped back to 16°C and the regulator on the rght side always and instantly jumped back to 28°C.
So, when you turn the knob, the LED goes one step up/down and then instantly jumps back to the respective maximum.
I mean, the air conditioning itself works great and each side does what it is supposed to do with that specific setting - meaning, that a Bedouin/Eskimo couple would love it in there.
Has anybody ever heard of that before and what could be the problem? Thank you for any hints and whether I should still go for that car or not.
Best regards, Tilo

PS: the picture is not the actual climatronic on a R320, but it is similar - at least the regulators/knobs are ...

Attachments

• Klimaautomatik.jpg
    Klimaautomatik.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Cole@MBS

Forum Supporter
Authorised Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Website
www.mbssouthampton.co.uk
Your Mercedes
124 300 CE 24 Coupe, C220CDI, Porsche 911 4s, Dolomite sprint,
We had one on a 164 Ml (the same) needed new control panel as in the photo, wasnt cheap..............make sure they replace it before you buy.....

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom