CLK 200K Electric Window Issue (and other lecky issues)

C

cardifica

Hi All,

Had a 2000 CLK 200K for about a month now and have a few issues:

• When I press and release the window button (on either the passenger or driver side the window goes all the way up, then comes down about 2 inches - I have to keep my finger on the button and it eventually lets me put it all the way up!
    Don't know if it's related, but I get a whistling noise from the driver's door like it's not shutting properly?

Another issue I have is that both the temp and clock LCDs only show a couple of the 'bars' so both are unreadable - are these easy to replace?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
Do try and memorize the windows. turn the ignition on, close the window till closed and hold the switch in that mode for 5 seconds, do this will all the windows.

The whistling sounds will be that the window may not be set up correctly, a rubber channel could be deformed, compare the window with the passenger side noting how the glass behaves as it passes the mirror housing.

You can get new LCD panels on Ebay and easy to fit in the cluster

OP
C

cardifica

Do try and memorize the windows. turn the ignition on, close the window till closed and hold the switch in that mode for 5 seconds, do this will all the windows.

The whistling sounds will be that the window may not be set up correctly, a rubber channel could be deformed, compare the window with the passenger side noting how the glass behaves as it passes the mirror housing.

You can get new LCD panels on Ebay and easy to fit in the cluster

Tried the 5 second thing - still no joy.

I've noticed that when I shut the door, and the window goes up a little bit it seems to go up a little bit diagonally!

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Then adjustment out in the door or a damaged seal that is pushing the glass out of line, particularly in the area of the door mirror. A window channel could be loose.

I do have the set up instructions, and always watch the good door as this can be a big help

OP
C

cardifica

Then adjustment out in the door or a damaged seal that is pushing the glass out of line, particularly in the area of the door mirror. A window channel could be loose.

I do have the set up instructions, and always watch the good door as this can be a big help

Thanks! Could you send me the instructions please?

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
I thought that I had sent them, maybe another post on a 208, I will need an email address again please

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
OK you can edit out your address.

I have sent 2 papers, 1 explaining what can happen if the door module loses count, the other is for the set up for the glass, if the window is too tight in its tract it will think that something is trapped and drop again that 2"

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom