CLK 230k Avantagrde Carbriolet boot locked

kist

Reaction score
Recently I had a problem with the electris seats, i decided to check all the fuses under the bonnet and in the boot I also disconnected the battery terminal in the boot hopeing that this would reset the system and thats where it all went worng.
I closed the boot after checking all the fuses in the boot only to find that now I cannot lock or un lock the car using the key thob.
However the incicator lights flash and the windows come down when i keep the unlock button depress and the windows go back up when I press the lock button on the key thob but just will not lock or un lock the car.

I have also noticed that the boot opening switch inside the car has stopped working as well, to make matters worse the emergancy key will not unlock the boot. when the key is inserted into the boot lock the botton can be pushed in but the key cannot be turned in any direction.
I suspect i may have put one of the boot fuses in the worng position but I can not get into the boot to check.
Can anyone advise as to how i can possibly get the boot open
my car is the 2000 model

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2002 SL500, 216 CL500, all fully loaded
By spraying lots of WD40 into the lock and on the key it will turn eventually just keep trying and it will work

meanie

Reaction score
I had a similar problem on a 140 series.
The solution will be to locate the central locking pump ( usually under the rear seat ), and apply a vacuum/pressure down the appropriate line.
Sam will know which one if you're lucky ( I was )!

OP
K

kist

Reaction score
Hi guys,
Im still spraying away still no joy i had a look under the back seat but could not see a pump. i even tried MercedesBenz Waltham Cross but i was told that they were booked up until the 10th of December the even surgested that the lock may have been changed.

Dose anyone know of any other way of getting the boot open or any where i can go to get it done?
I live in london (Enfield)
feel free to email ripton44@yahoo.com, post or call 07970202139 and i'll call you right back.
Kist

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
This is where the pump is located you could use a pair of pliers on the key but do not use too much force and break the key, just start wriggling it with loads of WD40

Alex Crow

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W169, W124, w202, W203, KTM 250 EXC, VW T25 camper and a Polo in a pear tree
what about the electric toothbrush malcolm?

OP
K

kist

Reaction score
Hi
Malcom i tried using a pair of pliers last night and the end of the key started to break away I think i'm on my last few trys now.

Dec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
It is very important to work the WD40 Red straw right into the lock key hole as far as you can, it should go in about an inch.
Spray the lock continually for 5 seconds, every 10 minutes, occasionally working the key from side to side without undue force.

Is the key fully entering the lock?

If you have an electric toothbrush, remove the brush, you will see a shaft, place the shaft into the lock, about 3 or 4mm and turn it on, the vibrations may aid dispersal of the oil and “unstick” the lock.

Dec

OP
K

kist

Reaction score
Yes the key is now going all the way in i have just added an electric toothbrush to my shopping list i will give it a try tomorrow.
Thanks

Dec

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W202
I wasn’t suggesting that you go out and buy one, there is no guarantee that it will solve the problem but any thing that well give the lock a good shaking/vibration would help. The tooth brush is the only thing that I can think off that won’t cause any damage to the key hole.

The fact the key enters the lock indicates that the levers are working as the should, what is preventing you from turning the key is seizure of the area outlined in the Red box, it is this area that is difficult to flood with oil because it is so far back in the lock, this is why flooding the lock keyhole as deeply as possible is important.

The lock pictured below is of a W202, yours should be similar.

Dec

P.jpg

OP
K

kist

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Well done thanks for your advice it finally opened late last night
i really ne to say a BIG thank you to you ALL.
Kind regards
Kist

television

Always remembered RIP
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
Now go and buy the little plastic bung that pushes in the lock hole

Attachments

• Picture 635.jpg
    Picture 635.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Picture 636.jpg
    Picture 636.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 15
  • Picture 639.jpg
    Picture 639.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Picture 640.jpg
    Picture 640.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 13

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom