CLK 240 Soft Top Rattle

Silu CLK

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 240/Avantgarde/Cabriolet/2004
Hi all

First Post here, so be gentle! I have a CLK 240 Avantgarde Cabriolet 2004 model, which I love with passion. However, I do have a small irritation which is often when I drive over one of the many potholes in the road, or a sleeping policeman there is quite a mechanical bang which I believe is from the soft top, and what I believe is the catches. Firstly I would like to know if anyone else has had, or is having a similar problem and secondly if there is anything I can do to prevent it from happening (and not to stop driving over potholes)!

Many thanks

Myroslav

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK240 2003
Hi Silu CLK....
Bought CLK240 cabrio month ago and have exactly the same problem!
Mechanical bang on larger holes and lighter annoying noises on smaller ones.
Very-very irritating.
My previous car (Audi A4) although not convertible also had some annoying noises which my mechanic managed to locate and put some filling in to fix it.
I think it will be harder in convertible.
One additional point that I notice noise slightly changes with each open/close of roof. Will try to ask dealer on next service for advice :)

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom