CLK 320 brakes work but no bite

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
No its not. Its black and when I pull it out it is about 8cm long. Fluid on the 'stick' is clear and light - hydraulic?
Let's see a picture of it buddy

Oldspanners

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C CLASS 2004 C180
Many thanks indeed. I have ordered new brake pads and will do the fluid change when fitting them. Will also check for sticking calipers.

If the control arm ball joint is worn how could I tell? Would there be any visual signs?
Many thanks
The visual sign would be a cracked or perished rubber boot covering the joint, if it's badly worn you will be able to move the wheel backwards and forwards when its jacked up and safely on axel stands otherwise you'll need to use a pry bar between the arm and the joint to test for play.

OP
B

Boofleman

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 320/2003/W208

The tube in which this fits is just visible in the photo. It is squeezed in between the back of the engine and the bulkhead.

I also want to locate the oil dipstick. It is not where it should be and I'm wondering if this engine has one as there is an oil level readout on the dash settings. But, I want to extract the oil by suction so need to find somewhere to do that.

Thanks so much for your help and advice

Attachments

• 20190210_144122.jpg
    20190210_144122.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 9

Wighty

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
W211/E320cdi/2009 and CLK200k 2009
The tube in which this fits is just visible in the photo. It is squeezed in between the back of the engine and the bulkhead.

I also want to locate the oil dipstick. It is not where it should be and I'm wondering if this engine has one as there is an oil level readout on the dash settings. But, I want to extract the oil by suction so need to find somewhere to do that.

Thanks so much for your help and advice
Interesting buddy , follow the tube down ,does it go into the transmission or the engine ? Hopefully someone with that car can confirm .

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom