CLK 320 Coupe Engine starting problem!..

G

goyathlay

Hello folks
I live in Germany and have been having an interesting problem lately..
I have a 2001 registered Mercedes-Benz 320 Coupe (Benzine) at 230.000 Km.
On the fuel tank tap it says 95 octane but I always use 98 octane to have better performance. (I don't know it scientifically though..)
Last month I went to France for vacation. It's not as easy as here to find 98 octane there. So I filled 95 octane two times. 10-15 minutes after filling it second time (1200 km away from home) the engine stopped and didn't start again. I got my car repaired back in my mechanic in Germany. He said the problem was fuel pump and the filter. He changed them and it was working again. But with a slight different. The engine was starting immediately after the start-engine. But, after the repair it takes 3-5 seconds to start. When I try again to turn the key off and on again, it works immediately again. I try to analyze the problem to see "when" that happens I fail. Because in the mornings sometimes the engine starts with no delay, sometimes with delay. Let's say, after 5 to 90 minutes of rest, it always starts with delay. But as I said, I turn it off and on immediately at those times just to see if it happens or not, and the result: the engine starts perfectly soon again!!!
I know it sounds confusing, but I really want to know the cause of this problem if any of you guys had any experience like this. My mechanic said the diagnostic test results are OK he cannot find the cause..
I feel desperate these days.. :(

Top Bottom