CLK 500 ESP Visit Workshop + Tiptronic visit workshop

Hollidjm

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2005 CLK 500
Help please. Proud owner of 2005 CLK500 convertible. Had it about a year. About a month ago two malfunctions came up: ESP Malfunction drive to workshop plus Tiptronic drive to workshop. My mechanic checked with his STAR and said it was a faulting steering angle sensor and changed it. Yesterday the two malfunctions appeared again but have now gone again.

I've been reading that the ESP one can be caused by other things eg wheel,alignment but get no hits on the Tiptronic visit workshop one

Any ideas please ?

Thank you

John

mercedes13156

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Cabrio and a Ford Kuga
If the faults have gone, then forget about them until they turn up again, if they ever do. If you've got the same 5 speed 722.6 tiptronic gearbox as my wife and I have in our cars, then there shouldn't be too much to worry about.

My wife has the same car as you with a 2 litre motor and her steering angle sensor is bust. It constantly shows the ESP Message but until I get the time to fit the new one in which currently resides in the glove box it continues to drive perfectly.

As for the tiptronic error, it should reset itself every time you start the car. I managed to get that message as I was administering an Italian tune up to my previous C220CDi Coupe well into the red line in second gear and it changed up with a bit of a clunk while one wheel was scrabbling for grip. The message came up. I stopped, restarted the car and proceeded home. The fault cleared and never came back.

Last edited:

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom