CLK child seat sensor

Parf

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 CLK55 A209 (5.4 V8)
Hi all,

I have a 2004 CLK55 convertible and I'm getting the SRS warning light when someone sits in the passenger seat so im assuming its the sensor mat. I have seen the emulators that bypass it and stop the fasten seatbelt light. The problem is then that these emulators stop the seatbelt pusher from working.

If I bought a Mercedes child seat and stripped out the transponders and permanently attached them to the seat would that also disable the seatbelt pusher and fasten seatbelt light?

Thanks

bigasotonuk

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
C43/55 AMG 1999 / C230K 1997
Hi,
Where are the front passenger side airbags on a CLK Cab? Dash? Seat?
I wouldn't just assume it is the sensor mat, it could just be the connections to the mat or the airbag in the seat (if fitted).
I have had similar issues with several MB's and an Audi Cab and I fixed the issue just by unplugging the connector, removing the the pins and squeezing the female crimps of the connector with a pair of pliers.

OP
P

Parf

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2004 CLK55 A209 (5.4 V8)
Hi bigasotonuk,

Thanks for the reply, sorry for the delay I've been having a look on the car. The airbag isn't in the door as I have recently changed the speakers and sound deaden it all so I had my hand right up inside the door and could see or feel a airbag unit, unless its very small. It must be in the seat or A-pillar.

I had a look at the wiring and it looks like work has been done previously under there as everything was cable tied up. I disconnected the plug and used contact cleaner to clean it and tidied up the wires. I couldn't seen any damaged or crimped wires. The error code I'm getting is in the picture and as you can see it is saying historic as it only appears when someone is sitting in the seat. My experience of SRS lights is they stay on even when the fault is fixed until they are cleared, but its not the case here.

I would assume the seat belt actuator wouldn't work with a child seat fitted as when it is belted in it stays there. On the other hand when you first put it in the belt isn't connected so it should come forward to aid grabbing it. I may just have to bite the bullet and buy a child seat and see what happens. I was hoping someone on here had one and could confirm.

Attachments

• IMG_3606.JPG
    IMG_3606.JPG
    191.6 KB · Views: 3
Top Bottom