clk headlights

boltman

Reaction score
Hi could anybody please give me an idea of cost to change the headlights to xenons on a 2006 clk diy and garage price many thanks for any replys

type49

Reaction score
To fit proper Zenons is a big job. By law, you must have headlight wash, so if you havn't, add that to the list. The height is automatically adjusted via sensors on the front & rear susupension. The cost of new light units alone is scary. I wouldn't bother. Fit some HID bulbs instead.

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
I can give an idea of the cost for the parts on the 203, should be similar to the 209..

Xenon headlights ~£1800
Auto-levelling loom and sensors ~£150

As type49 says, expensive!

As a retr0-fit from MB expect to pay ~£3000+

OP
B

boltman

Reaction score
Thanks for replies type 49 what does the hid bulbs consist of just a couple of bulbs or is there more and what sort of cost are they and where can i get them sorry for so many questions many thanks

whitenemesis

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLS55 AMG '05
Hid kits consist of the bulbs and ballasts and wiring connectors. A quick google will give you many suppliers. Expect to pay £150 - £300.

BTW they are illegal for road use, no matter what the seller may claim.

5pares

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
E320cdi
Ive got hids in my 210,theyre a nice bright light but sometimes too bright,the lenses arent designed for the brightness.Luckily ive got hydraulic suspension allowing me to adjust the car to the lights but the phumb wheel will do the same thing.Id say if you want to stay legal'ish just fit some brighter bulbs.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom