Clk solved one problem, found another. Door mirrors.

Richard Price

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200 Kompressor 2009 1.8 petrol
Hi, my door mirrors have stopped working. I stripped one down, reassembled it (it was mucky in there), they still don't fold or unfold.
They whirrrrr and click click click.

Holding one while someone presses the button, it locks into place. However, the opposite side will not do,the same. (Whichever way around you do it).

Additionally, the glass adjustment button has not worked to years. It moves the mirror! But no matter what direction is pressed the glass only moves down.

Any suggestions?

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
Have you checked the tiny lugs at the top/bottom of the mirror where it sits inside the housing? On my C Estate I found a lug had broken and I could only find a flat lens mirror on the Bay which I decided would have to do. But when I had it apart, I found somehow, it jammed itself into the correct position and it adjusts okay on the remote. That was at least 3 years ago - so have a little play and you never know...

Best of luck :)

RhodieBill

Reaction score
Central South Coast. (Previously Out of Africa).
Your Mercedes
2001 W208 CLK320 182U ALMANDINE-BLACK METALLIC
Additionally, the glass adjustment button has not worked to years. It moves the mirror! But no matter what direction is pressed the glass only moves down.

Any suggestions?

Thay be the Switch me reckon...... ;) Try wiggling it around, you might find it will start behaving itself. No too sure if you can get into it with some contact cleaner, but might help.

davemercedes

Reaction score
Your Mercedes
2007 Merc 220 CDi Est Auto Av (s203)
I’ve read that the wires inside the mechanism are very thin and break very easily. So you might need to try by subsistution ie: bridge across various points to see if it can be solved. All very finnicky so best of luck!

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom