CLK (W209) convertible - water bags not retracting correctly

David Atkins

Registered
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK Convertible 2005 1800cc
I have a 2005 CLK convertible whereby when the roof closes the 2 waterbags "poke out" from either side of the rear window, which I am lead to believe is a known fault on the W209. Does anyone know a company that repairs this issue? the rest of the hood is in excellent condition so I dont want to replace the whole hood. Thanks

João Almeida

New Registration
Reaction score
Your Mercedes
CLK 200k W209 cabrio 2004
Take a look at this
It is due to one or more broken elastic straps on the back of the water bag that are attached to the roof frame. If you are well skilled in this sort of repair, you may be able to locate the loose straps and re-rivet them back into place. If not, it's best left to a good canvas shop. If it's not leaking, it does not need to be replaced (like in the video).

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom